Using a Pace Sky Digibox for Hotbird???

Bob the Boss

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use a Pace 2200 Sky Digibox for FTA channels from Hotbird? I've got a spare one, and a spare 80cm + 0.6 LNB hanging around, and wondered if it would be okay for that purpose? I'm in Stockport, so would an 80cm for Hotbird be okay? If it's all doable, how many FTA channels would I be likely to pick up from Hotbird at my location and with that setup?

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Cheers,
John

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
300 channels or so - anything with a symbol rate of 22000 or 27500. The digibox is ok for experimenting with, but you will hve to use add channels and Other Channels an awful lot.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Bob the Boss said:
I'm in Stockport, so would an 80cm for Hotbird be okay?

Yes, no problem with Hotbird satellites on an 80cm.

Tom k

My Satellite Setup
New to install multi sat.
Hi John,

I did it on the same kit for 12 months it worked ok for me. But the Digibox has a software fault. It say's it can hold up to 50 extra channel but you only get 30 at best.

Tom (Stalybridge)

Hi guys,

Is it possible to use a Pace 2200 Sky Digibox for FTA channels from Hotbird? I've got a spare one, and a spare 80cm + 0.6 LNB hanging around, and wondered if it would be okay for that purpose? I'm in Stockport, so would an 80cm for Hotbird be okay? If it's all doable, how many FTA channels would I be likely to pick up from Hotbird at my location and with that setup?

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Cheers,
John

Bob the Boss

Thanks everyone for all your help! It's much appreciated. I'll give it a go and see what it's like. Is there much interesting stuff on there? I've never watched any Hotbird channels before.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hotbird is pretty good ATM, but your box will really limit you. Good to get some idea though.

Bob the Boss

Okay, sounds really good! I'll give it a try. I'm going to be using a patio stand in the back garden one day this week to try it.