Using an old dish for double LNB

Gamboa5000

Member
My Satellite Setup
Nextwave S311
My Location
.
Hi,

When I had an analogic decoder, I had a dish with a diameter of 120 cm. Now I have buy a DVB compatible decoder and a new dish but whose diameter is only 80 cm.

I want to receipt the super beam.


The old dish is rusted,did they affect the quality of receiption?

Can I use the old dish with double LNB 0.4 dB?

Thanks.
 
If your dish is rusty, then I assume that the rust can be cleaned off and the dish re-painted if necessary. You can fit a twin LNb to any dish, or do you mean a monobloc (looking at two satellites)?

We need to know where you are and which satellite you want to look at, I am guessing that you mean Hotbird, but not sure.
 
Excuse me for my late answer. I speak about double LNB on a old dish 120 cm who was useful by a mono lnb and analogic decoder.

For seeing Hotbird 13°E and Eutelsat W2 16°E.

I hoped to have better a reception with the old dish.
Thanks.
 
If you fill your location in correctly in your profile, we could help better:

Gamboa5000
Member


Join Date: 17-01-2006
Location: .
Posts: 33
My System: Nextwave S311

is not terribly helpful.
 
Back
Top