My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Moteck motorised setup with 88cm dish.
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
My system is a daisy chain of 4way diseqc switches - leading to 8 way diseqc switches - leading to each (5) TV point in the house. Have Astra2 feeding seperately from its own dish with Octo into each of the 8 ways. Other torroidal dish feeds 1*W/19*E/16*E/13*E via 4 way into 8 way and into each TV point.
Parallel to the satellite setup above, I also have terrestrial feeds into each TV point. These go through an amplifier between aerial and each point - else it wouldnt work.

My question is this;

I want to make some preparations for a sky+ type receiver ie. a receiver that requires two inputs. Can I use diplexers on each 'terrestrial' cable run?

If so, any recommendation on what diplexer to use as have never used before.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Since you are already using all outputs on the octo, you will need to get another dish installed on Astra 2 first

How many sky+ boxes do you intend on fitting in the system ? The number may give a few options that work out cheaper.

I have never had much luck daisychaining switches, but with luck the customer often picks a motorised system for one outlet, and fixed ports on the rest of the house.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As long as the cable is satellite grade cable, then any IF/UHF diplexer will suffice./ Global make a good one.

borderfox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar 2 PCI card;
Dreambox 7020S
2x Eagle Linux Boxes
Moteck motorised setup with 88cm dish.
Multi LNB bracket
My Location
Ireland
Channel Hopper said:
Since you are already using all outputs on the octo, you will need to get another dish installed on Astra 2 first
As it stands right now, only using 5 of the eight outputs.

Channel Hopper said:
How many sky+ boxes do you intend on fitting in the system ? The number may give a few options that work out cheaper.
My plan right now is just for one. I think if i wanted that sort of capability on all tv points, I would have to do a complete overhaul of my system ie. replaced quads with quatros, replace diseqc switches with multiswitch, etc.

rolfw said:
As long as the cable is satellite grade cable, then any IF/UHF diplexer will suffice./ Global make a good one.
So I can just cut cable between terrestrial amp/splitter and line dropping down to tv point - insert diplexer and add new feed from Astra2, then use another diplexer downstars to seperate them out again right?

The boxes I have at the moment (DM500's/DM7020) have the facility for me to configure current diseqc setup. If I add this extra line in the mix, would it be likely that I could find a way to add it to this type of configuration? (if i go ahead with it, box will be a dreambox dual tuner - not sky plus box).