Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky 1.5 m FTE dish Amiko Alien SHD8900 receiver, Gigablue Quad
& 80cm dish for Nilesat or badr with Amstrad sky receiver
Dreambox 500s motsat3 motor
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
course/por supuesto.
The program runs and changing the channel to test the tuner operation/El programa se ejecuta y cambiando de canal para hacer el test de funcionamiento del sintonizador.

Hi Tururu
I am getting the same results as you, did you ever get this working? and if so what did you do? Thanks Richard

Tururu

Assembled with recycled parts
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm motorised dishes(98x90)+fixed+multiLNB+24Unicable.
Currently 56 satellites, 61°West to 57°East.

Octagon SF8008 4K Twin, VU+Duo², VU+Ultimo4K.
Recycled as the owner.
My Location
North of Madrid (28703 Spain) -3Km of IKEA (40.545847, -3.612012).:-)
Hi Tururu
I am getting the same results as you, did you ever get this working? and if so what did you do? Thanks Richard

No.
No funciona en mi sintonizador, lo siento.
----
No.
Does not work on my tuner, sorry.

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
I tried it on a gigablue quad and changed the attributes to 755 but still didn't work, might try it on my Amiko Alien and see if it works on that

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
Hi Huevos

You mentioned earlier in the the thread about a plugin to record transponder signal levels. Did this get off the ground, i would be interested if so

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hi Huevos

You mentioned earlier in the the thread about a plugin to record transponder signal levels. Did this get off the ground, i would be interested if so
Richard, the thing is writing plugins is quite a bit of work and I already have a way to do this without writing a plugin. My data is collected from the receiver using OpenWebIF. This is fine if you can dedicate a receiver for the purpose or it is just for the occasional run. The only real advantage you would have by using a plugin is you could select the tuner and not interfere with normal viewing. Anyway if you just want some data for this region you can get it from my site, and parse it however you choose.

http://satellites-xml.org/signal-graphs/28E-SNR-table.php

RichardinSpain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Totana Murcia Spain
Richard, the thing is writing plugins is quite a bit of work and I already have a way to do this without writing a plugin. My data is collected from the receiver using OpenWebIF. This is fine if you can dedicate a receiver for the purpose or it is just for the occasional run. The only real advantage you would have by using a plugin is you could select the tuner and not interfere with normal viewing. Anyway if you just want some data for this region you can get it from my site, and parse it however you choose.

http://satellites-xml.org/signal-graphs/28E-SNR-table.php
Hi Huevos
How do i use openwebif to get this data? I can see the channel details including snr under the 'current' heading, but how do i get the is information for all transponders into one file?
Thanks Richard

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hi Huevos
How do i use openwebif to get this data? I can see the channel details including snr under the 'current' heading, but how do i get the is information for all transponders into one file?
Thanks Richard
You just select a channel on the transponder you want to measure and then read the signal. Then select a channel on the next transponder you want to measure and read the signal on that transponder. And so on and so forth. I just wrote a bit of software to automate this process.

The difference is you are looking at OpenWebIF with a browser. And I just send the command to control the box without there being a web browser involved.