Using Triax TMS 17x8C Multiswitch instead of DiSEqC Switch

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , ppl I would like use Triax TMS 17x8C Multiswich instead of DiSEqC Switch . Now I am connecting four satellites using ordinary way using a DiSeqC switch with four inputs , input # 1 connected to Hotbird , input #2
connected to Nilesat , input #3 connected to Arabsat and input #4 connected to Asiasat3S . So when programming the satellite receiver I configured Input # 1 to Hotbird , Input #2 to Nilesat , Input #3 to Arabsat and Input#4 to Asiasat3S , according to the DiSEqC switch .

But Using Triax TMS Switch the LNB will be changed to a Quattro LNB which has four inputs ( High , Low , Vertical , Horizontal ) for each satellite . Therefore my question to you when programming the satellite receiver how I am going to configure the four satellites connections , because there are no such thing in the satelite receiver says High , Low , Vertical and horizontal according to the Triax TMS switch .

Any thoughts you would have be greatly appreaciated .

Best Regards .

A.M.AL-MADHI

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Install a quattro LNb to the switch for each satellite. DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 commands from the receiver will select between the satellites. Note, the switch defaults to quattro input 1 without any commands.

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
satelliteman said:
Install a quattro LNb to the switch for each satellite. DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 commands from the receiver will select between the satellites. Note, the switch defaults to quattro input 1 without any commands.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks satelliteman for reply

" DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 commands from the receiver will select between the satellites. "
From your statement above You are mentioning a DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 switch ,
But there is no access for connecting a DiSEqC switch in the Triax TMS Mulitswich Could you please elaborate more how to connect both switches the DiSEqC switch and the Triax switch to the receiver

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Forget about the DiSEqC switches.

Hard wire 4 x quattro LNb's to multiswitch inputs.
The receiver should have a 'DiSEqC 1.0/1.1' installation menu, set up for each satellite, 1,2,3,4 or a,b,c,d to allow switching between the sats. By default, feeds from LNb input 1 will be received with out setting up any DiSEqC switching on the receiver :)

HiBand

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HDCI-2000 Spaun 9 input multiswitch

Dell Optiplex OS: XP pro
My Location
Croatia
PS: DiSEqC 1.0 is needed in this application. Reference to DiSEqC 1.1
is unnecessary & may confuse.

eg: I have yet to find a Humax model (including iCord & HDCI-5000)
with DiSEqC 1.1 which is a pity. Topfield all have 1.0 & 1.1.

In this case a switch like the Spaun SUR 211F can be used to add
a 5th orbital position seamlessly if receiver has v1.1