Via Access 3.0 update

Georgie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Football Fan
My Location
North West
hello all and apologies in advance if this is a nursery school level question but I have always relied on professionals for this sort of stuff and paid through the nose for it in the past.

I have a Satcatcher voyager II I have recently bought a 12 month ART card but unfortunately the software in my receiver is apparently out of date and I need to go from Via Access 2 up to 3 in order for the card to work.

I have a seriel cable, apparently that is one of the things I need, but can anyone tell me where I get the updates from and how I get them onto my receiver.

thanks in advance
georgie

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Georgie

Well I have not heard of Viaccess 3.0.......... 2.5.2.6 are currently used and not (as far as I am aware) compromised but I may be behind times. The only way that I know of achieving an upgrade of an on-board cam is if the manufacturer of the stb has created an upgrade, it is not an operation you can accomplish by itself.

EDW

Reaction score
h**p://en.kingofsat.net/pack-arabesque.php

ART in via 2.5 only?

Via 3.0 does exist it seems.

Georgie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Football Fan
My Location
North West
Well I have acces to an old receiver that was originally used for Nova, that has a CAM slot on it, sorry i think that is the term, would I be able to buy just a cam to put the card in and use that rather than buy a new receiver?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

EDW

Reaction score
Georgie said:
Well I have acces to an old receiver that was originally used for Nova, that has a CAM slot on it, sorry i think that is the term, would I be able to buy just a cam to put the card in and use that rather than buy a new receiver?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Prime Sports United Arab Emirates Sport Arabesque Viaccess 2.5

Don't see why you need to update the box. Phone the retailer and ask if an update has been released. Sometimes you can download the update from a satellite but usually you do it with a pc and a null modem cable.