Via Access, VX Multi & Nokia

D

davidcricket

I have just bought a VX multi and so far spent about 6 hours trying to program a card.

Can anyone help ?

This what I'm doing.
I put the gold card into the VX multi
select '8' for VX mini 4.
I click on the tab which says 'code' - that is I think the one for PICS
Then I go file, open, and load the ViPic.hex,
then I press 'program'
The thing comes back 'Verified'
I then do the same with Vieeprom.hex
and the things comes back 'Verifed'
I then put the card in the Nokia box and on encrypted channels I get the message '

Is there something else I need to do.. I noticed in the menus section of the receiver there is a menu which says 'Conditional Access' ?

By the way I think the Nokia 9800 is a great, easy to use, receiver although I think that many serious users believe it's a bit tame and not great value. It cost me £260!
:+

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try doing the Eeprom first and then the Pic, that may work better. Programming the Eeprom overwrites the Pic, that's why it normally has to be done the other way round.

Rolf

D

davidcricket

Thank you Rolf

Unfortunately, I'm not resolved it yet.

As you suggested, I did the eeprom first and got a message back saying:

Verified OK. ATR: FAILURE()

then I did the PIC and it 'Verifed K'

What does ATR failure mean?

Any suggestions for what to try next?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not sure of the error messages on the VX, I haven't used one before. There are a couple of people on the forum who do use the VX and hopefully one of them will be able to put their finger on it. It may be something that you're doing wrong with the basic settings, they can be critical on some programmers.

Rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
It sounds like your not programming it correctly. If your programming a standard gold card you must load the pic file and the eprom file before programming. The Vxmulti software has a built in loader and will automaticly program the pic with the loader then the eprom then the pic. You should only need to load in the hex files and press program (once). Make sure that you have selected "16x84/24lc16 Smartcard THRU".

You can find the VXmulti Instructions here :

http://www.maxking.com/vxmulti.htm#howtousethevxmulti

nobbly :+

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Next time you have a problem programming please put your post in the "Cards & Programmers" forum.

Thanx

nobbly :+

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 11-Mar-02 AT 12:29 PM (GMT)]Good point Nobbly, although it has a loose Viaccess connection, it is essentially a programming question. Also David, you're limiting the appeal of the thread by putting it in Viaccess, as there is generally more interest in the Cards and Programmers forum.

I'll move the thread.

Rolf

D

davidcricket

Thank you Rolf, Nobbly...thank you ..your guidance did it

It sounds like your not programming it correctly. If your programming a standard gold card you must load the pic file and the eprom file before programming. GOOD ADVICE

The Vxmulti software has a built in loader and will automaticly program the pic with the loader then the eprom then the pic. You should only need to load in the hex files and press program (once).

OK

Make sure that you have selected "16x84/24lc16 Smartcard THRU".
You can find the VXmulti Instructions here :

http://www.maxking.com/vxmulti.htm#howtousethevxmulti

THEY WERE USEFUL

All I've got to do now is find something that is via access encrypted which is worth watching ...any guidance anyone ??

David

radioscanner

Reaction score
Hi David,
Have you tried programming a fun card with your vxmulti?
if so what sw did you use ?

Thanks.

radioscanner :)