Viasat (4.8E) in London

slimey

Member
My Satellite Setup
Multiple Tandberg TT1220's
My Location
Central London
All,

I have a need (for a commercial proposition) to pick up the Viasat channels off 4.8E at a property in Central London. I've spent the last couple of days googling and reading many websites and forums, but cannot get a clear answer on what size dish I should need for this. I've found people saying they net a marginal signal on 2.4m dishes, and I've also found people saying they get a reliable signal on a 1m dish. Also, most of the data I could find is from before the change to Sirius 4.

I've tried pointing my steerable 1.2m dish at 4.8E, but can't seem to pick anything up, not even the European beam, so I think I must have an obstruction in the way (I don't have access to the roof of the building, so I can't go look myself).

On my steerable dish in South Wales, I'm able to pick up most of the European beam transponders fine, but there's not enough signal to pick up the Nordic beam transponders.

Advice?

Thanks,

Simon
 
I receive the nordic beam on my 80cm in SE Kent
Signal is between 58%-69%.I lose picture below 47% on my TM 6900

It could be that the signal drops sharply to the west of me

Uk2cyp
 
Well, no matter what you might need from the satellite, you will still have to get onto the roof at some point. Let us know when you have access, take some pictures.
 
The footprint for that satellite is another pessamistic one I think. The signal received, here, 20 miles east of London is fairly strong on the nordic transponders, giving 80% on a TM6800HD.(TD110 dish)
 
Thanks guys, looks like the talk of being able to receive it on a small dish is valid. I need a reliable signal, so a 1.5 or 1.8m dish should be good, but I'll have to get an installer on the roof to do some measurements.

Any recommendations for a suitable installer in London (E1) ?

Thanks,

Simon
 
Back
Top