Advice Needed Video senders

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
98cm motorised technomate. 50e to 34.5w
My Location
Europe
Just got my SX87 through the door, seems like a decent little bit of kit.
Out of the box, I'm quite impressed how well it works. There's a built-in app called E2TV which reads the bouquets from another box. All I had to do was enter the box's IP address and it worked immediately.

A couple of issues, but I suspect I'll be able to use a different plug in or set-up to solve them, but interested in input:
- Encrypted channels work well, they take maybe a couple of seconds to load but that's not bad with such a cheap box
- IPTV channels do not seem to work using E2TV. That's a bit of a pain since a fair chunk of my bouquets are channels which stream online.
- EPG doesn't seem to carry over. Might be because of the lack of space on the box but I'm not sure how to rectify that.
- It seems pretty self-contained in the app. It'd be nice if I can get it to replicate a regular channel list. You can autostart the E2TV app though which is nice.

From my VU box I think I can generate an m3u which I could then load onto this Octagon box. I'll probably try that next but keen to hear if anybody else has other creative solutions. Thanks for the recommendations, this seems like it'll be a pretty user-friendly solution when I sort out the kinks. Even if I just used this as-is it'd be fine though.

Last edited:

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
:-clap - good suggestion then...?

please leave me a positive feedback rating
:)

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Yes, it was a very good suggestion given the price!
I'll have a play around with a more complicated solution tonight I think. It'd be nice to have EPG and streaming channels working. A bit of a shame that it doesn't work out of the box with E2TV since it all should be from the Webif anyway.

astra19

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Did a bit more playing around: I used a USB stick to transfer the playlist generated by my Vu receiver, and transfered it using an app called IPTV in Memory. All channels work well, including streaming channels this time. It takes a little bit to stabilise after switch on, maybe a minute or so before the picture stops breaking up, but that's really not bad. The channel zapping is just like regular TV though you can tell the remote is quite cheap. The only thing lacking is EPG, but that's the least important right now. Might be something I can tinker with so I'd be interested if anybody had an idea!

It's even in their language out the box, so I'm very happy with this. Thanks so much @Manikm909 and others for all your help! This was surprisingly easy and cheap and I have a great solution for keeping my in laws in the spare room and not taking over the main TV all day when they stay with us haha.