Viewing Cards

B

billyburger

Somebody asked what would happen with viewing cards when the BBC go FTA - I may have the answer.

I received my additional cards this morning, and they were sent by Sky not the Beeb. Also there is no mention anywhere about having to phone up to have the cards activated - when I ordered the cards two days ago I didn't tell them any details about my digiboxes so presume they are no longer tied to one box either?

My boxes are all packed at the moment, I'm shipping them to Spain on Saturday. I'll be setting them up next week and will keep you posted on the results.

Bill

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would not guarantee that your assumption is correct Bill (no need for activation), I would certainly, if possible, activate the cards over here, could save you hours, or even days of grief at a later date. From memory the cards have always come from Sky, it is the ordering and activation calls which are handled by the BBC.

pmcmill

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Sunny España
I can confirm that . When I got my card I was told that once I received it to call them back to activate it which I did . That's when they asked for the digibox ser # .
Paul