80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
180cm Dish for 38.5 moved to Astra
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
Please anyone Help.
I am new at this deal and have a dreambox 5620 with an ADSL internet connection.
I have a legal Irdeto II card for DSTV and would like to know how to use the card in the card slot and not via the borrowed CAM ?
Is there anywhere that I can find the terminoligy that is being used as I don't really understand what EMU means as against and image.
Please help me somebody.
:-doh!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome to the board, edsatil
Have you tried to read the Idiot Guide? You need to get yourself familiar with the basics of the box, ther is no easy way for this other than reading a lot of the threads in this forum. To get you started, an image is the "software" program that you load into the dreambox from your computer (you need to be connected with a LAN), and an EMU is an EMULATOR, sort of a built in CAM. With an internet connection you can download images, and afterwards the cams and keys.

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
edsatil said:
Please anyone Help.
I am new at this deal and have a dreambox 5620 with an ADSL internet connection.
I have a legal Irdeto II card for DSTV and would like to know how to use the card in the card slot and not via the borrowed CAM ?
Is there anywhere that I can find the terminoligy that is being used as I don't really understand what EMU means as against and image.
Please help me somebody.
:-doh!

After reading the idiot guide do search for klona with google. He wrote a step by step tutorial for almost everything you may need to get you started.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
costasd3 said:
After reading the idiot guide do search for klona with google. He wrote a step by step tutorial for almost everything you may need to get you started.

If you read the link page of the Idiot Guide you will find the link to Klona there... :rolleyes:

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
Thanks for the advice guys.
Will start reading and come back in a few days.
What I do know now is that I am interested in card sharing (is this OK) as I have a subscription and would like to play with options.
Thanks again in the meantime

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
edsatil said:
Thanks for the advice guys.
Will start reading and come back in a few days.
What I do know now is that I am interested in card sharing (is this OK) as I have a subscription and would like to play with options.
Thanks again in the meantime

OK, sounds like a plan. Get the basics and return with questions.

Regarding the card sharing issue: Read the forum rules very carefully, other than discussing the technical side of it we do not welcome soliciting for members of cardsharing rings whatsoever! Remember, :-admin

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
TG Have a short question, Am trying to absorb the idiot guide but how does the 5620 differ from the 7000 besides the USB and HD facility

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Oh dear, now you got me. I am afraid I only have a 5620, but the main difference between the 7000 and the smaller box is that the 7000 has a hard drive. That allows you to record and play movies much easier. also, If I am not wrong you can have the choice of loading up several images on a USB stick and have multiboot functions. Now, I would still go for the 5620 because of these reasons:
1) Since a few months we found a perfectly good setup using the 5620 box, a Gemini Image and a PC to record and playback movies from the PC to Dreambox. So the hard drive issue is not that important.
2) Price, 5620 much cheaper
3) Multiboot: Also possible on 5620 using the PC. I for one never used the multiboot, there were always images that could do most of the stuff I wanted in one. I suppose if I really needed multiboot I would have used the PC option, or even backupped with the help of flashwizard pro all the images I needed. It only takes a couple of minutes ro reload a flashwizard image.
4) Other than that, most of the other stuff is fairly similar, loading up images and backing up settings lists etc is fairly the same.
BUT: Please wait for answers from some of the people here who have the even newer 7020 and 500 boxes, maybe there are some points I don't know about.

Hope this helps a bit to decide...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can check out the spec of both boxes on the official site here...

_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de

The 5620 has 100Mbit full duplex Ethernet the 5600 doesn't.

That's the main difference I can see.

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
OK thanks. Trying hard ot understand where I am going. I am currently downloading the Gemini and will try and flash it to my DB. I am not quite sure how to flash yet but will continue to read and try and understand. I have a small network at home with an broadband connection (2Meg), a switch and two PC. The one PC is the usual full of all the day to day PC stuff, Mail, pictures etc. But the second machine I have cleared to dedicate for the DB. I hope to be able to record and time lapse in the future. If you have recommendations as to how I should set things up I would appreciate all input. One final question before I bore anyone still reading this - Do I need a null cable or once I have established communications via the Lan, can I use the Lan only?
Thanks

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi
It is always good to keep a nullmodem cable close to your PC, especially when you are new at the flashing image business. I must say I did not use mine for many many months now, but at the beginning....If you don't make any big mistakes you would be perfectly ok with the LAN cable.

Regarding flashing: Either use the dreamuplan, or the flashwizzardPro (which I use for the last year as it is so easy.

Happy flashing, and don't get too upset if it all does not work immediately. You will be ok after a while!

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
Progress Progress
We are staring to see the light at the end of the tunnel (just hope it is not a train heading in our direction)
Managed to flash twice yesterday and today will try and run the emulator so that I can put my Multichoice box in storage.
I have three dishes 68.5E, 4.0W and 7.0W. The 68.5E is currently running the SA Multichoice (licence Irdeto II) and the other two are currently FTA but any ideas are welcome.
Ideas anyone

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, if I was you I would try to get the NEwcamd 6.0 to work. I don"t know what image you have put in, if I was you i"d try a Gemini and play around with downloading the emus, emu config, keys etc...

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
..with IHAD Gemini Manager (link in I.G.).

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
OK now for the next phase of the introduction of Ed to DB 5620 life style.
The question is can I connect a Hard Disk to this magic box or do I have to go via the PC route. ???
I have an available PC to connect but have not much of an idea how to define and connect it --- So again Help

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Edsatil
5620 only with PC. Works excellent with the Gemini image.
Read and follow the instructions from PCD in the idiot guide..

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
TG
What or where is PCD ?
Eddie

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
A poster on this forum. He wrote a section in the said IG.

Llew

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
edsatil said:
TG
What or where is PCD ?
Eddie

Hehehe nice one Eddie, we don't know for sure what he is. We suspect he is half man half dreambox :p

Seriously, PCD is one of the guys who knows a lot about Dreamboxes, and especially about the recording stuff. He wrote some really good "How -to" in the idiot guide. One of them deals with recording from Dreambox to PC and playback. If you follow these instructions to the letter it will work fine, I tried it out myself.

edsatil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish for 4.0
80cm Dish for 7.0
80cm dish for 26.0
7020 si
DM800 clone
My Location
Israel
I have now taken a step back --- for some reason I decided to clear by DB and reinstall everything in orderly fashion..... Ha - To do that I should have a list of what I did to activate and open certain things. I have lost my data for the satfind for 68.5 sats Panamsat 7/10.
How do I put them back.