vista home prem +codecs + dvbdream

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
Hi
Has anyone got a codec combination that works with the above "dvbdream" ive tried different codecs to no avail except pure video but it was an older version which kept crashing. all i get is (incompatible codec or renderer combination, graph couldnt be created) i have powerdvd 8 installed and coreavc pro. i can get audio and video on everthing "sometimes"except hd channels even though i get the incompatible warning:-doh! please help i want to punch the screen:-satbanne

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Have you tried VLC? I'm not sure whether or not it will work with what you are attempting, but it has lost of built in codecs which might help.

_http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

harrydeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ApnaDTH Twinhan DVB-S PCI Card. TATA SKY Big TV
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
portly said:
Hi
Has anyone got a codec combination that works with the above "dvbdream" ive tried different codecs to no avail except pure video but it was an older version which kept crashing.

Strange to know that CoreAVC is not working for you.
Have you tried playing any x264 files.
While playing x264 files make sure that graph looks similar to this.

For HD you always have to work with CoreAVC, thats the best.

[fieldset=Admin]Please adhere to the forum rules and do not link to images on other sites upload them to this site using the manage files option lower down the posting page[/fieldset]
Got it

Attachments

• x264Graph.png
    x264Graph.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 82

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush freesat hd box, iss 70cm dish,single passion lnb , goodmans GDB15HD freeview box
My Location
heathrow
I managed to get hd working ,after getting rid of all the installed codec packs, uninstalling pdvd8,dvbdream and the driver for the compro s350 then i reinstalled with only one codec pack and coreavc and it works :-rofl2 for the moment
this is what im using at the moment.
video codec= gabest mpg2dec
audio codec=fddshow
video renderer=wmr9
audio renderer= default direct sound
H.264 = coreavc v1.8.5.0
There are very little codecs to play with in the drop down lists and when i do it goes belly up with the warning coming up again:-Nooo so it looks as though im stuck with this lot , not the best but hay they work:toke:
OH the audio codec ,drop down list is pink????? got a clue for that one?

harrydeo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ApnaDTH Twinhan DVB-S PCI Card. TATA SKY Big TV
My Location
Bangalore, INDIA
Pink means the codec is not compatible. Try changing it the value.

portly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
heathrow
harrydeo said:
Pink means the codec is not compatible. Try changing it the value.

What do you mean changing the value , Mr H:) and were do i change the value:eek:
If you mean changing to a different codec in the drop down box , then it wont work they are all pink:-doh! Cheers Gaz

paulipm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100cm alloy dish stab h/h mount icecrypt s4000hd pvr ,sky panasonic recv.
My Location
in the Brecon Beacons
Hi
I am using Cyberlink videocodec and audio codec that came with power dvd mediaplayer using vmr 9 ,never had any playback problems using this combination:)