Top Tip VU+ All Services List Easy Navigation

A

Archive7

I discovered this quite by chance recently.
If you have a long list of services in a VU+ receiver (red button), then you know how tedious it can be getting to a channel name that you want.
With the red button pressed, click on any of the numeric buttons and cycle for example pressing button 3 will get you to the beginning of the list of any channel starting with 3, A, B or C.
BTW is there a search channel plugin for the VU+ models?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Haven't you set up any Bouquets?
You can set up as many Boquets/Favourite folders, and copy your selected channels into them, it makes finding a provider, genre, or channel, a lot easier.
You can also use programs, like dreamboxedit, to sort, and save, your channel list.

A

Archive7

Haven't you set up any Bouquets?
You can set up as many Boquets/Favourite folders, and copy your selected channels into them, it makes finding a provider, genre, or channel, a lot easier.
You can also use programs, like dreamboxedit, to sort, and save, your channel list.
I have several bouquets. It is the navigation on the all services that can be quite tiring.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I seldom use the All Channels option, except when adding new channels, and that's only to locate them, and add them to the appropriate bouquet.
I currently have about 30 Bouquets, by satellite, provider, and genre, like sports, and navigating through them is easy using the right hand remote control keys.

A

Archive7

This tip is very useful for people who have a VU+ receiver, but can't use a PC software like DreamboxEdit.
When they find an interesting channel from the All Services list, they can use the Menu options to add it to an already setup bouquets genre.