Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo (To Arrive)
Sky HD Mini Dish Quad LNB
Disq 1.2 Motorized With Positioner
My Location
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Afternoon All,

Been searching for some info so I know if I need to change anything before the Vu arrives,

I currently have a Protek 9600HD the runs off my Motorised Dish with Disq 1.2 positioner works spot on
I also have a now expired Sky HD box with a Sky Mini dish and quad LNB.

What I need to know is if I can run the Vu+ with LNB 1 going to the Disq 1.2 positioner for the foreign sats and then the Sky feed into LNB 2 so that I can record say BBC 1 and then still watch a foreign satellite. Will it still record ok etc? If I wanted to record BBC1 and watch BBC 2 is it likely the motorised dish/Vu will be clever enough to use the Sky dish for one feed and then move the motorised system to 28.2E for example so it will record?

Lastly if I'm watching BBC 1 and want to record something on the foreign sats will it just use the Disq to point the sat and record? Basically trying to take out the Sky box we currently use for Freeview and the Protek so we have one box which can record!

Sorry for the long post and I'll clarify anything I've not explained well.

Thanks

Craig

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yep, it's possible. Just need to configure which satellites use what tuners. So it will be 28E using tuner 1 connected to your fixed Sky dish and everything else using tuner 2 connected to the motor.

Craig Thompson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ Duo (To Arrive)
Sky HD Mini Dish Quad LNB
Disq 1.2 Motorized With Positioner
My Location
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Hi Jack,

Thanks for that, had a nasty feeling I'd have to setup a 2nd motorized dish to sort that! I was just worried although I'd be able to view the channels it'd panic when it came to record if it was on hotbird etc.

Thanks again

Craig