TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
I notice that a review of this new receiver says it does a blind scan. Could this be the Linux receiver for feed hunting enthusiasts? Looks at about £229 plus delivery.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You need a 16k receiver for that

but it will be obselete in around six months.

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
I notice that a review of this new receiver says it does a blind scan. Could this be the Linux receiver for feed hunting enthusiasts? Looks at about £229 plus delivery.

The Review i saw said "may be implemented at a later date with updated drivers" i also remember them saying the exact same thing on the review of the solo4K over 12 months later it has never materialised, Vu+ may manufacture decent receivers but there support is piss poor to say the least

AndyX

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-F3/5
Octagon SF4800
Octagon SX88
Fibo Gregorian 1.2m
Motec Positioner
Inverto c120 twin LNB
My Location
Central Scotland
The Review i saw said "may be implemented at a later date with updated drivers" i also remember them saying the exact same thing on the review of the solo4K over 12 months later it has never materialised, Vu+ may manufacture decent receivers but there support is piss poor to say the least
The review I saw said:
ndscan:
Another great feature of the Uno4K, is the Blindscan function, this is more for
enthusiasts and advanced users that like to scan the skies for all the channels they can
find. The Blindscan plugin will ask you to select which satellite you want to
Blindscan, and then the receiver will do the rest. It’s a great feature especially when
looking for feeds, or scanning those satellites where channels move around frequently
(this feature requires a driver update to get it working at time of writing this review).

Not sure if this is available yet..... Hopefully. Not taking a chance on this receiver until confirmed

digi247

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
UK
Yep! the ( brackets ) remark is the one to look out for it has not been tested as no drivers are currently available and doubt they ever will they said the same on the Solo4K review and they never materialised.

If they could do Blindscan on the FBC equipped tuners it would have already happened on the Solo4K:

Another great feature of the Solo 4K, is the Blindscan function, this is more for enthusiasts and advanced users that like to scan the skies for all the channels they can find. The Blindscan plugin will ask you to select which satellite you want to Blindscan, and then the receiver will do the rest. It’s a great feature especially when looking for feeds, or scanning those satellites where channels move around frequently (this feature requires a driver update to get it working at time of writing this review).

Dont hold your breath