Want more channels than i have now but im new to sat stuff

chippy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Hi guys i got freeview and freesat but i fancy having more channels so whats the next step up or can i add more channels to freesat ?

A

archive10

Hi

1) Get a Sky subscription - 250+ channels of varying quality.
2) Get a multiple LNB bracket (and LNBs) mounted on your LNB or dish, 19.2E is obvious choice if you are pointing at 28.2E
3) Get a motorised dish; many thousand of channels available.
or
3) Get a Wavefield T90 and stick 12+ LNBs on it; thousands of channels potentially

The question you gotta ask yourself is: What sort of channels do you want? Is it sheer number, or do you want watchable channels? If so, do you speak german/french/italian/spanish/portuguese/turkish etc.?

chippy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Whats the second choice is that like stick dual lnb is it on my freesat dish ?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Won't work on a Freesat dish it is too small. the minimum size for 19E and 28E is a 60cm. A motorised dish is the best in bang for buck terms.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
chippy said:
Hi guys i got freeview and freesat but i fancy having more channels so whats the next step up or can i add more channels to freesat ?

Depending on your receiver you can add any of the UK free channels to the Freesat box receiver and watch them in none Freesat mode.

chippy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
uk
Thanks guys so if i brought a new system what would i buy ?

A

archive10

Step 1: Find out what channels you want to watch. English-only, or international stuff?
Step 2a: If English only, get a sky subscription. This includes all your freesat channels. No new hardware required.
Step 2b: If international, try purchasing standard 80-100 cm dish + multi-LNB bracket, and some decent LNBs (e.g. Invertos) + DiSEqC switch. Also get any decent STB (e.g. TechnoMate) or similar to watch the channels through.
Step 2c: Get an 80 cm standard dish + a motor, and a decent STB box (again Technomate, but also Topfield, ClarkeTech, Vu; or even a DreamBox if you are so inclined).
Step 3: Mount dish+LNBs on exisitng mount, wire LNBs to DiSEQc switch, connect switch to existing cable, and connect STB to other end.

For more specific advice, post more specific needs :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

Simon1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m motorised
My Location
England
I have a 1.1m motorised system -get 1000's of channels.

Simon1980

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m motorised
My Location
England
Depending on what budget you have, your able to get thousands of channels off a 1.1m dish. If you would like more advise feel free to pm me and ill tell you exactly what I have.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
He cant - you wont have pm privileges for weeks yet! :D