Watching Freesat in a second room

jon.clem

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortic star
My Location
Suffolk UK
Hi,
I hope I am posting this in the right place.
I am wondering if there is a way to watch, (and possibly change channel), in an other room with my freesat system. When I had my sky set-up I bought a little device that plugged into the sky receiver and the other end into my tv in the bedroom. I could then watch and change channel with the sky remote.
Does anyone know if there are any similar devices that would operate with a Fortic Star Passion receiver. I had considered a scart video sender but would not be able to change station.
Any advice most welcome.
TIA
John.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Usenet, WDTV, and a TV
My Location
Essex
Look at Keene IR extenders if a TV link isn't possible.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
I think it may be worth considering a cheap second freesat (or even second hand sly!) receiver and a quad LNB. The outlay for this will be only slightly more than the cost of a decent IF remote extender. Two advantages: first, with the second receiver, the viewing in the second room/location is not dependent on what is on in the first room/location; second, those extenders can sometimes be annoying in that they are prone to interference from wireless routers etc.