Watching Internet TV Streams /Shoutcast TV

latinofever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Sky Dish and 85 cm dish
My Location
UK
Hi all,
Ive been trying to find a way of watching TV streams via my dreambox.
It seems a logical thing to do having a direct connection to the internet. I was hoping I could use the dreambox to watch tv media streams such as real-media format, asx and perhaps utilise the shoutcast TV channels.
Has anyone managed to view internet TV streams on their dreambox and if so how? There is a VLC client plugin on the box but its not like the standard VLC client that allows you to tap in the internet tv streaming address.

An example stream would be:

rtsp://helix10.rtvslo.si/broadcast/slo1.rm

Please let me know if you have any ideas....

v759

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
v759
My Location
U.A.E
Thank you for the subject.

I am interesting too, anyone knows please, advise.

thank you.

dasteelman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
85cm transparent dish
85cm Penta Dish (motored)
Black Ultra LNB
VU+Solo
VU+Duo
technomate 9100 linux
Quali-TV (4:2:2)
Eaglebox
UK nds card
My Location
Tyne and Wear
I have followed guides for a long time on how to view from my DB across the net...without success.

the only thing ive had success with is using a video capture card (flytv card)....using shoutcast server and winamp combination. this was quite easy.

also another thing to consider is slingbox

latinofever

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025, Sky Dish and 85 cm dish
My Location
UK
Slingbox allows you to view and control your tv remotely and is a great tool but how about watching shoutcast tv streams from your dreambox?
It has an internet connection so it shouldnt be too hard to open shoutcast tv streams surely. It even has a VLC client however it doesnt have the full functionality to view shoutcast directory.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
i know the 500-s isn't the same but i have tried all sorts to get VLC working. I can get the plugin working to view files from computer on box or to run a dvd. I can view a stream from my box locally using windows media player stream, that works but is about 2 seconds behind the box with no freezes.
I can get VLC working internally by streaming from the box to my PC but the stream is bad since i only have a 500-s. I have also tried dreamview where you can change channels and that works, again internally and freezes.

I try port forward 8080 and 9090 in my router to dreambox, i change the stream address in vlc to my external ip address when connecting to a stream and nothing happens. I have never managed to get ports 8080 and 9090 forwarded sucessfully, even though i forward, my router doesn't seem to like it and canyouseeme says it hasn't worked.

I have also tried webxtv and vlc link from the http login externally on dreambox, nothing happens.

that is what i have found from my tests anyways. I have never managed to get it to stream over net properly, only in a LAN. People keep telling me how they have done it and watched on mobile etc. but they never tell you how they do it.

vladimirx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
uk
I hope somone will prove me wrong, but my impression is that dreambox is not powerful enough to process internet streams. This is just based on the fact that this is such a natural requrement that if it was possible, somebody would have produced a plugin or something by now (for youtube if nothing else).

Having said that, if it can decode satellite stuff, how much harder is it to do internet streams?