Watching Live Premiership Football Match

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hi, Im new to all this satellite
i have sky+ but want to watch Live Premiership Football Match
what would be best way of setting this up and what type of dish & receiver would i require

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Man Utd Hunter said:
Hi, Im new to all this satellite
i have sky+ but want to watch Live Premiership Football Match
what would be best way of setting this up and what type of dish & receiver would i require

Welcome to the forum

I am not sure I understand the question, are you asking how to view Football using a subscription frm Sky or setanta, or do you enquire about viewing stuff without a legal subscription?

TG

P.S. Are you hunting Manchester United (I.e. a Chelsea fan) or are you hunting on behalf of MU :p

riskassessed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
New to all this. Just ditched sky for a motorised sysytem.
My Location
Shetland Isles
Hi

I'm new to this :confused like Man Utd Hunter but have just got rid of Sky and invested in a new motorised system. I was led to believe that there was masses of free premiership football available but my head is spinning trying to find anything. I've had a look through the sticky post regarding this but I'm obviously having a blonde, or perhaps senior moment.

Whilst free from the financial bonds of Sky Television I would like to keep costs down and wonder can you get any prem football for free and/or can you pay per view for individual matches.

I am fearful that this may have been asked before and promise I will get the hang of my new system and this forum before too long:-newb

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, I partly disagree with Salty as many people have been watching PL games for the last few years without having a subscription - if you check liveonsat you will see all the stations that show each game. If you have a receiver like a Dreambox or similar where keys can be entered there are some channels that show PL games, BUT this can change any day - if you want to watch PL on a regular basis then a subscription is the only option. Another option is cardsharing - for this you also need a receiver that can do it - but be careful - other than discussing the technical aspect of cardsharing it is a banned subject here - google for it, there is plenty of info available. So, do some reading here :)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I do agree with you T_G, it is certainly possible to watch Premier League games for free using keys, but the legality and reliability is largely prohibitive for many viewers. But if you're willing to do the donkey-work, there is nothing like a free lunch :) Also, English commentary is not also assured this way.

Cards are required somewhere down the line for the regular PL viewer.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Northern Ireland
i want to get a sat system set up that i can watch live games and not thru sky or setanta
i dont mind paying £150ish for a year for a card
if it was free all the better

ynotdu

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digibox also U P C Ireland
My Location
Ireland
Ha ha T_g a good Question ;-)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
T_G....I hate answering these kind of questions, as Satellites UK hits well on search engines! many a time I've typed in key words then up pops a thread posted on this site!

Can't help thinking sometimes we give too much away, you never know who's out there browsing, maybe a network hovering on balance wether to pay extra for a more secure encryption to prevent people viewing thier broadcasts!

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
Man Utd Hunter said:
i want to get a sat system set up that i can watch live games and not thru sky or setanta
i dont mind paying £150ish for a year for a card
if it was free all the better

ART subscription gives roughly 4 matches each weekend; downsides - no 3PM matches and only French commentary and slightly weaker picture quality; plus side: only between £70 & £95 to subscribe for a year; gives you other bobs and bits including football from various other places and some other sports; picture quality definitely watchable/acceptable.

The other card that used to be cheap (apparently the best value subscription last season) is DigitalB but they seem to have gone downhill somewhat this season; still a fair bit of Premiership and other football, I gather.

For other potential subscription services (e.g. Nova, Premiere, Showtime) you are looking at serious notes beyond the budgeted £150