Watching the Premeirship on a humax and other equipment?

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
should i buy all the equipment and then get a local satellite install bloke to set it up for me and talk about it with him as i know very little on this?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
May be worth getting a local guy to come round first and look at the site, just to see that you have line of sight to the required satellites.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need either a south facing wall with clear aspect or a place in the garden for a ground mount.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The Humax patched receivers are a little thin on the ground at the moment, it is not necessarily what I would buy though anyway. The Technomate is a good receiver, combine that with a magic module and you have a very flexible system, you must be prepared to roll up your sleeves and learn how to update the software etc.

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
willing to learn m8, what stuff will i need for the technomate then, obviously i will need a dish!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
A dish, LNB, motor, wall or patio mount, Magic Cam, Programmer and card or two.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I definitely agree about getting a survey first yohomufc. A good one will always do it for free and let you decide whether you're happy with the suggested position and setup plus the cost of course. The only other criteria is make sure he or she isn't an Arsenal supporter or you never know what you'll end up with. :D

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
i think i wont tell the bloke what team ill support, if hes a chelsea supporter it would be even worse

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Support your LOCAL team, that's what I say.

pixey

yohomufc

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
england
ive just had a look at ebay and noticed alot oh humax 5400z patched recievers there for around £200 most from germany. do you think it will be good buying from them or not?

tia