• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Waterproof DiSEqC Switches

garym71

My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
How prone to the outside elements are most DiSEqC switches? I'm planning on mounting a 4-way one outside close to the dish but am concerned about the weather getting to it. The "waterproof" ones I've seen just appear to have some kind of cover/shroud over the top of them with an open bottom which to me only seems to be protection against downward rain and doesn't seem to be a very good design at stopping moisture getting into the switch that will eventually corrode the connections/contacts and circuit components.

I saw a 2-way switch on the Maplins website (_http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=47185) which does appear to have a fully enclosed waterproof box around the switch but they don't do 4-way switches of the same design :(

How are other people properly protecting their outdoor DiSEqC switches from the elements?

Thanks,
Gary

Robbo

Super Moderator
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

Got mine in the plastic shround thing. The switch pushes right up inside of it. You can only see the cables coming out.

Bit of self-almagamating tape, round the connectors.

Robbo

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Have the same, working fine.

Turok

My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
hi!
i bought 8 in 1 diseqec switch with water proof from alpha centraury

now,iam looking for reiver thatsupport 8 sat lnbs on one cable?
what modell can í use?
have no openbox x 810 would be okay?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Any receiver with DiseqC 1.1 or greater will do, simply set it to motorised and allocate the appropriate motor position to each port. :)

PS. It's EMP-Centauri. ;)

I have used Orbital DiseqC switches recently, they also have a plastic slip over cover.