Wavefield T90

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 1.2m HH, Wavefield T90. AzBox HD Premium, Vu+ Duo
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Finally go around to tidying this all up, well mostly, still need to do a little tidying at the switches.

The wave is giving me 5w, 1w, 5e, 9e, 13e, 16e, 19e, 23.5e, and 26e. 28e feeds in from a Zone2, and after I'd finished I decided to throw a spare 1m gibby up for 30w on a whim. This all feeds a 16-way, and 4 way switch to the Vu, and a 8 way switch to the Az. It also feeds 28e direct to the second bedroom.

Sorry about the pic quality, these were taken on my mobile. I will try and get some decent ones with the camera soon.

IMAG0069.jpg

Bit of a differance in size between the 1.2 channel master and 1.2m fibo dishes. The fibo is 200mm taller.

View attachment 34668

Attachments

• IMAG0075.jpg
    IMAG0075.jpg
    439.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMAG0076.jpg
    IMAG0076.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMAG0072.jpg
    IMAG0072.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAG0070.jpg
    IMAG0070.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0068.jpg
    IMAG0068.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 186

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Very nice mate, I have alot of respect for the time & effort that go's into setting up a Wave.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Great stuff

I am getting the T90 hopefully started next week - just going over the last bits and pieces

The 16-way is that waterproof - thats the pics of the one I am interested in on some german supplier (thought better get the 16-1 so in the future I can add to it)

The leads I guess wf100

The connectors are those F type compression or just bog standard ones?

Once the main (middle) Lnb is up - what did you use as the singal meter/finder? And how did you space the lnbs out.

I doing 8 lnb's and had planned to find one dead centre using a finder and then adding the rest of the lnb one at a time, spacing them out until I find other birds.

Do I need to use a better (not needle £6 job) sat finder to do this?

A better finder will tell me more about the signal and maybe which sat I have found.

The 129 job on sale in the classifed sector will that do the job or there any other 100buck jobs out there to do this

Cheers Vik

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
The 16 way switch is an EMP. And yes its waterproof. The f connectors are SAC snap n seals and the cable Rg-6. (Yes I'm a cheapskate lol)

I used my emitor satlook micro HD to line up. Line up the centre lnb, but then when you alter the dish skew you will have to adjust the azimuth of the centre lnb.

I wouldn't like to use a cheap beeper. Better to use the receiver itself.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
cheers Rick

Its all coming together

Vik

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Nice addition to the dish farm ;)

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
satelliteman said:
Nice addition to the dish farm ;)

Cheers SM, of course this does mean I have less working dishes than analoguesat. Hmmm might have to get some of my other spare dishes up and running, I've got a couple of old tyres I can use :D

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Rick said:
The 16 way switch is an EMP. And yes its waterproof. The f connectors are SAC snap n seals and the cable Rg-6. (Yes I'm a cheapskate lol)

I used my emitor satlook micro HD to line up. Line up the centre lnb, but then when you alter the dish skew you will have to adjust the azimuth of the centre lnb.

I wouldn't like to use a cheap beeper. Better to use the receiver itself.

R

I am at 51.576365, -3.242233
approx
what sat should i be using for my centre lnb.
Just checking - not sure if north south issue comes into it.

Also how do you use the receiver as a signal checker

I am thinking of a techno 5400 super

might go to a HD model but do they have built in checker - i am not planning a motor

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
It depends what sat's you want to recieve as to what you put in the centre. Mine is centred on 13e.

Nearly all recievers have a signal quality bar, you can use this to line up the dish. Just rig it up with a portable TV near the dish.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Nice set-up Rick!
I like T90, and at the same time I hate it cuz it took too much of my time and money as well.
What I do not like in T90: First of all, with original mechanisms it is almost impossible to precisely align all the antenna’s angles and this especially applies if you wish to cover great part of the Clarke belt. The hardest angle to adjust is tilting East-West.
Secondly, original LNB holders are not very handy and not allowing to get maximal signal and not good enough for close sat positions like 4,8*E-7*E-9*E.
Thirdly, all the nuts and bolts are zinc coated metal ones, and after some years of using they turn reddish.
What I already did: Changed majority of nuts and bolts to ones made of INOX, replaced plastic LNB holders by specially designed. Holders are also made of stainless steel. Than I have got antenna turning device for precise horizontal alignment. Replaced bulky vertical adjustment mechanism by 2 turnbuckles (not INOX, looking for ones), I think that way is easier to get right elevation. Was trying to add another turnbuckle for tilting East-West, but that did not work well enough, but, again, I think this angle is very important. So, in the future I will think for another solution for tilt regulations. Of course, cabling is another pain, I have found my way to arrange all the wires and diseqcs . Adjusting of LNBs is possible to do with SAT-receiver (I have some experience of using Drambox) and TV screen, but having them nearby not always possible, so good sat-finder is better.

Attachments

• P1200981 (Custom).JPG
    P1200981 (Custom).JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 142

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Thanks, I am thinking that I might get a local fabricator to make a new rail and holders for me, that way i will be able to get even more with it, the origional holders are abit crap really.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Rick said:
Thanks, I am thinking that I might get a local fabricator to make a new rail and holders for me, that way i will be able to get even more with it, the origional holders are abit crap really.
Rick, the dish is a bit disapointing once you get out of the guide bar. In the end I realigned mine to get more signal on 26ºE and sacrifice 30ºW. It used to be aligned on 0.5ºW for the centre point. Now the centre is pointing at 9.5ºE. Took about 3 hours to realign and move all the LNBs about... and I still need to tidy up all the cables.

The modified LNB rail does let you get the LNBs quite a bit closer together though. For example I have one LNB for 9ºE and another for 10ºE. For me that worked much better than balancing one LNB between the two. If you do get LNB holders made get some with a 23mm collar so you can make the most out of Multi-Connects. I've used Multi-Connects on mine but the 40mm LNB holders still get in the way a bit even though they are narrower than the T90 one... and the LNBs end up pointing in strange directions to get the best signal.

View attachment 34675 <- 13ºE, 10ºE, 9ºE, 7ºE, 5ºE.

Attachments

• Multi-Connects.jpg
    Multi-Connects.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 164

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Thanks m8, while setting up i did have a play without holders, and with enough adjustment the signal can be improved dramatically, I'm fairly confident It will be worth the bother anyway. The trouble with the design of the wave as standard is it gives you a "line of best fit" on the allignment, which is no good for fringe sats as you know, especially when catching both sides of the arc.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
NIce Rick, so with 13E at the centre, you can still get badr4 OK. That's impressive.

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
Robbo said:
NIce Rick, so with 13E at the centre, you can still get badr4 OK. That's impressive.

I can scrape badr4 with a Black Ultra. Change to a premium and I can't lock it. With a little more adjustment on the LNB it would be less of an issue.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
would the signal be better on the outer sats if the dish was say 1.2m as I'm sure smw did a dish that was 1.8m and each offset had around the equivalent to a 1metre dish.

this looks like a beast if they are still available to buy _http://www.dxsatcs.com/content/multi-focus-dish-smw-oa-1600

Rick

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancs
I'm sure it would be better wod. Id hate to have to lift one though. The t90 weighs enough as it is LOL

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
@ Rick
Nice setup you got, like the cabel work.

Huevos said:
Rick, the dish is a bit disapointing once you get out of the guide bar. In the end I realigned mine to get more signal on 26ºE and sacrifice 30ºW. It used to be aligned on 0.5ºW for the centre point. Now the centre is pointing at 9.5ºE. Took about 3 hours to realign and move all the LNBs about... and I still need to tidy up all the cables.

The modified LNB rail does let you get the LNBs quite a bit closer together though. For example I have one LNB for 9ºE and another for 10ºE. For me that worked much better than balancing one LNB between the two. If you do get LNB holders made get some with a 23mm collar so you can make the most out of Multi-Connects. I've used Multi-Connects on mine but the 40mm LNB holders still get in the way a bit even though they are narrower than the T90 one... and the LNBs end up pointing in strange directions to get the best signal.

View attachment 34675 <- 13ºE, 10ºE, 9ºE, 7ºE, 5ºE.

Have you tested to use one LNB with normal "feedhorn" for the 9E/10e ? I know it's not the best way to grab these two birds with one LNB but it works. I made a test to use the ALPS LNB for this (thin "feedhorn") but it can only grab one bird at the time.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
In my area 5*W and 4*W are very easy to receive with one LNB, but 9*E and 10*E not so good. For me 9*E is priority and if LNB tuned to it on maximum signal than 10* is out of reception.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hakon said:
Have you tested to use one LNB with normal "feedhorn" for the 9E/10e ?
I tried with a Black Ultra. The LNB needs to be closer to 10ºE because that satellite is weaker here. Like that I can lock some transponders from both satellites but not all.