Ways to prevent C/S?

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
**Mods: Not sure if this is the correct forum, move if needed**

I am holding off and holding off getting rid of my offical multiroom package until the white cards are FULLY switched on. It got me thinking though. Has there ever been a discussion on how Sly might, in psuedo terms, stop or disable C/S completely without there ever being a work around. Something similar to how NDS3 brought a halt to cloning cards etc. I know al lot of people won't like a brainstorming session on this as it might give some ideas but, to the move advanced programmer and cyrpto hats, is it possible to completey stop the ability to C/S?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
According to an article in Wotsat mag a couple of months ago, Sky already have plans to shut out site - site c/s once the white card swap out is completed.

New software is to be downloaded into the sky digiboxes then the amount of data handled by the cards will be vasty increased. Details were sketchy of course

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
Site to site? Meaning over WAN connections. However, local connections might be fine? Just wondering if there is anyway they might bind the card completly to the box it's ordered with, ruling out the possibility of external readers, reading it.

BTW, you won't have a link to the Wotsat article, would you?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It was in the mag 2-3 months ago. Dont think that article made it onto the Wotsat blog though.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
The most easy way to prevent c/s is to stop using CSA (Common Scrambling Algorithm). Such solutions on market are RosCrypt (sure), PowerVU (Not exactly sure).