waz the best pc digi card as im thinking of getting one

S

sherby

I would like to get a PC digi card which is CI compatable any info or views on this? thanks sherby

J

Jim

I use the Hauppauge card which is available with a CI module as an extra (although I had to buy that part from Holland). It works very well.

Jim

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
I use the pentamedia ci card which i find to be rather good, others using this forum also have this card perhaps they would like to add further comment. The card has not dropped in price since i bought it from the supplier. Their are cheaper cards out there that offer a similar spec i believe but i cant comment on their picture quality etc as i have no way of comparing having not seen them working.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I also have teh Pentamedia card with the CI module and it works well, though i sometimes have problems with the sound and picture sync', i feel this may be a Monitor problem though.

I deliberately didn't go for the Haup' as i had problems with one of their TV cards not working properly with the VIA chipset on the motherboard and the Diamond stealth II Video card, I wasn't prepared to go through weeks of problems again. I was also a bit peeved that the potential for problems wasn't indicated on the box when I bought it.

Rolf