Weak Signal with my DM

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I have only a PC and good internet connection.
My Location
sweden
I have a serious problem with my Dreambox, it is weak signal on Eutelsat 7 degrees then Digiturk.

On SNR, it is 85% and BER is 0

SNR 85%, the maximum signal control I can get.

But the picture freezes and then the image running again after 0.5-1 min. and so keep it on so continuously.

(The signal is just as same when the picture freezes)

How can I fix this problem? or what is the problem?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There is simply too little information for people to help. What subscription do you have, if not a subscription how are you clearing the channels, is it c/s.....who set this up? what cam/emu are you running?

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sweden
Topper said:
There is simply too little information for people to help. What subscription do you have, if not a subscription how are you clearing the channels, is it c/s.....who set this up? what cam/emu are you running?

what kind of information do you wanna know? I have a cardsharing, also connected to a server outside and there are a PC store here in Sweden who offer this and I have contact them they said the satellite is from far away and I wonder how the satellite can be long becuase Digiturk sends to Europe _http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/ew3a_eurb.html

There is running ccam 2.1.1

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Check a FTA channel on one of the same transponders as one of the problem channels. If the picture is stable, then the problem is not weak signal. Besides, a BER of zero, is perfect signal.

If the FTA channel is OK, then its a card sharing issue, can't help on that one.

smiffie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800HD 500Gb X 2, Dreambox 500S X 2, VBox 2, Jaeger 99G H to H 36v, Inverto SilverTech Quad LNB 0.2dB, 95cm Maxx Digital Mesh Dish 42E-45W, Technomate TM 2600 H to H Diseqc, Inverto Ultra black LNB 0.2dB , 85cm Transparent Dish 42E-1W.
My Location
North West England, UK
As Robbo says with 85% SNR and 0 BER it isn't a signal problem.

I'm watching ITV partner on 16E with with 65% SNR and 0-100 BER with no picture problems, but it is with an official local card. Sounds like a CS problem, check the ecm time, anything more than 0.5 seconds can cause a problem.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
heye said:
what kind of information do you wanna know?

Well now that we have established it is card sharing, information which you did not disclose in your first post, you simply have too many hops to when you receive the key change hence the freezing, complain to your card sharing ring we cannot help you

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sweden
Robbo said:
Check a FTA channel on one of the same transponders as one of the problem channels. If the picture is stable, then the problem is not weak signal. Besides, a BER of zero, is perfect signal.

If the FTA channel is OK, then its a card sharing issue, can't help on that one.

I guess FTA channels means "free channels" as are available on Digiturk, like whole TRT channels and SkyTürk works perfect and picture is stable but when I change to the other card channel then the picture freezing.

Topper said:
Well now that we have established it is card sharing, information which you did not disclose in your first post, you simply have too many hops to when you receive the key change hence the freezing, complain to your card sharing ring we cannot help you

So there is nothing wrong with my DM? or is it the fault of their server who drops page and then freezes the picture by me?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
heye said:
So there is nothing wrong with my DM? or is it the fault of their server who drops page and then freezes the picture by me?

What could be wrong with your DM? If it's operation is satisfactory on free to air channels then it can only be the C/S causing the problem. These C/S rings tend to be greedy and put too many clients on one server which causes you a delay or they introduce too many hops. They do not care you are hardly going to take them to court are you?

heye

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
sweden
Topper said:
They do not care you are hardly going to take them to court are you?

ehh What?

Last night I watched and the picture dosen't froze, clock was between 2-3 am. Does that mean it's wrong with their server and becomes congested during the day?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
heye said:
ehh What?

Last night I watched and the picture dosen't froze, clock was between 2-3 am. Does that mean it's wrong with their server and becomes congested during the day?

How can anyone know? the more variables in place the more chance things will not work properly