what 46" Lcd/Plasma hd Tv would you buy,for its money?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i planing,to by a bigger hd tv screen for chrismas,now the prices are much lower,then one year ago,but there is a big priice difrence,on some bodels,in store the have the sony bavaria series,same modell,on a internet dealer is 500€ cheaper:)

so i dont know what brand should i buy,sony bavaria picture is superb,esasely the landscapes on swiss hd,but pixel plus 3 from philiphs,would be also one of my favrite,but,also i very important part,is the power taking,during operation,there is also a big difrent in the same size!

samsung,looks also good,but the colors for me are to much over crude,and to intensive,piphliphs and sony looks more harmonical color spectrum for my eyes,sony has a special padent,on extended colors but i forget the name!
what the comunity here recomended
in price range 15000 to 2000€
pioneer whould be also good,but the stop production of plasma,and then maybe the have also no service!

should i plasma or lcd,i dont know,watching old tv material on hd lcds espasaly vhs tapes looks terible,also i see difrents,in a dvb t picture,the external dvb t stbs,picture quality is much lower,then with the integrated tuner !

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
Turok said:
Hello!
i planing,to by a bigger hd tv screen for chrismas,now the prices are much lower,then one year ago,but there is a big priice difrence,on some bodels,in store the have the sony bavaria series,same modell,on a internet dealer is 500€ cheaper:)

so i dont know what brand should i buy,sony bavaria picture is superb,esasely the landscapes on swiss hd,but pixel plus 3 from philiphs,would be also one of my favrite,but,also i very important part,is the power taking,during operation,there is also a big difrent in the same size!

samsung,looks also good,but the colors for me are to much over crude,and to intensive,piphliphs and sony looks more harmonical color spectrum for my eyes,sony has a special padent,on extended colors but i forget the name!
what the comunity here recomended
in price range 15000 to 2000€
pioneer whould be also good,but the stop production of plasma,and then maybe the have also no service!

should i plasma or lcd,i dont know,watching old tv material on hd lcds espasaly vhs tapes looks terible,also i see difrents,in a dvb t picture,the external dvb t stbs,picture quality is much lower,then with the integrated tuner !

Hi Turok,

Definitely I advice you this one:

LG LG7000 LCD TV 47" scarlet...I'm going for the 42" as soon as the prices drop down.

They got excellent technology and sexi design...even the Sony bravia fans had to admit the high quality and design.

Ciao

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
thank your for your reply!
the strange think is,the big price difrent of a online shop,and the local stores like mediamarkt etc ,on some sony bavaria modells,and samsung 46" lcds there are price difrence of 1500€ each modell:)
on the net it coasts 2000€ for e.g,in store 3500€

i belive,that this all are cheap reimports from bulgaria or rumania,where the online stores,order large quantenties of oem lcds,and then the preasure the price very low,or the order direkt at the manufactur in korea,but this effekt is very strange,for this price difrence in stores /to the net,i can buy a 2. tv set:)
is it the same in other countrys?

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
* Clarke Tech 5000 HD Combo Plus * Gibertini 104 cm * Invacom TNH-031 0.3dB * Diablo 2 + CAS 3 plus * motor GT SAT - DM15AT * 53°E - 58°W in USALS * Full HD LG Scarlet 42lg7000 * Western Digital HD TV Player Live *
My Location
NL+IT
Turok said:
Hello!
the strange think is,the big price difrent of a online shop,and the local stores like mediamarkt etc ,on some sony bavaria modells,and samsung 46" lcds there are price difrence of 1500€ each modell:)

i belive,that this all are cheap reimports from bulgaria or rumania,where the online stores,order large quantenties of oem lcds,and then the preasure the price very low,or the order direkt at the manufactur in korea,but this effekt is very strange,for this price difrence in stores /to the net,i can buy a 2. tv set:)

I can give you some tips (at least for Italy and Holland) when you look at the prices:

-mediamarkt, mediaworld can't compete with on-line shops due to the extra costs for staff and buldings

-pay attention to the years of guarantee if it is included

-pay attention to the delivery costs if it is included

-pay attention to the VAT if it is included

-pay attention to the samples...they functioned already for hours and hours

At the moment the best price for my (future) LG 42 7000 is 900 euro:-worship
Delivery and 2 years of warranty included.

Anyway, my previous post was mostly for advicing you a LCD equal or better than a Sony and for saving some money;)

Ciao

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
Turok said:
Hello!

Hello Turok,

I could not wait any longer ...so this Saturday the LG 42 7000 scarlet will arrive:-rofl2

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
very good:)
how much you pay for it?
there is a very big difrence,in the same panel size category,how much each difrent panel needs power,in operation mode!

,when you dont look at this detail,your power bill,will be much higher,then on a modell,with power ecomic mode,that not needs so much power,then the others!

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
Turok said:
very good:)
how much you pay for it?
there is a very big difrence,in the same panel size category,how much each difrent panel needs power,in operation mode!

,when you dont look at this detail,your power bill,will be much higher,then on a modell,with power ecomic mode,that not needs so much power,then the others!

900 euro with 2 years warranty and delivery included.
I'm well aware about power consum;) that is why I preferred LCD :) instead of PLASMA.:-Nooo

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Good Morning!
yes ,but on lcd,there is also a big difrence,between each modell,how much power it takes!
i will buy,the sony bavaria series 46" for 1500€,on samsung modells,the colors,for me,a little bit overemphasize,and to crude!

sony has a patent,on a extended color spectrum,and the colors,looks more natural for me!

the new 007 James Bond Promotion Series,has 7 Years Warrenty:)

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
Turok said:
Good Morning!
yes ,but on lcd,there is also a big difrence,between each modell,how much power it takes!
i will buy,the sony bavaria series 46" for 1500€,on samsung modells,the colors,for me,a little bit overemphasize,and to crude!

sony has a patent,on a extended color spectrum,and the colors,looks more natural for me!

the new 007 James Bond Promotion Series,has 7 Years Warrenty:)

good choise but which sony bravia model are u talking about? In any case it looks like a good deal !

The LG7000 42 power consum is 286W

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
there are so many modells in this price range,but only one with 7 year warrenty,this is avalible since a very short time on the market,dont know exact type yet

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
only sharp.and samsung,has there own panel factorys ,philiphs,and other brands buy from them,like loewe in germany also!
the only make the technolgy behind,but not the panel itself!

H

hoppo1

I believe Panasonic make their own (may be wrong) but it isn´t just the panel, it is the software or "engine" that gets the results as well.
Samsung have serious reliability issues and are (in my opinion) all look and no substance.

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
hoppo1 said:
I believe Panasonic make their own (may be wrong) but it isn´t just the panel, it is the software or "engine" that gets the results as well.
Samsung have serious reliability issues and are (in my opinion) all look and no substance.

agree with you about Samsung but from Panasonic I would buy only plasma. They are just behind Pioneer Kuru plasma one's. Pioneer plasma's NUMBER ONE !!!

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Pioneer Stops,Plasma Production,around 2 month ago,soon the will complete disapear from the market!

H

hoppo1

LAURO2008 said:
agree with you about Samsung but from Panasonic I would buy only plasma. They are just behind Pioneer Kuru plasma one's. Pioneer plasma's NUMBER ONE !!!

The exact reason I have a Panasonic plasma:D couldn´t quite stretch to the Pioneer at more than twice the price:-Nooo

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
so at the end everybody is happy !!!!

Turok with his huge Sony Bravia 7 years warranty, hoppo1 with his Panasonic plasma and myself with the LG 7000 scarlet.

Why don't we post here in case we find new HD channels (FTA or not)?

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
LAURO2008 said:
so at the end everybody is happy !!!!

Turok with his huge Sony Bravia 7 years warranty, hoppo1 with his Panasonic plasma and myself with the LG 7000 scarlet.

Why don't we post here in case we find new HD channels (FTA or not)?

That's one

Animal Planet HD 1w(Canal Digital Nordic)

is testing in DVB-S2 Clear on 12128.00MHz, pol.H SR:30000 FEC:3/4 SID:4280 PID:520 /680. Starting February 3rd

LAURO2008

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
NL+IT
I got the BEAST alias 42 LG 7000 scarlet...it is simply fantastic...!!!

With HD channels is perfect ...but with SD satellite channels I have to find the right set up...I love my new toy :-)