what are firmware, softcam and loader?

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
Now I seem to have cracked updating my cam and cam, I am interested in what I can do to the receiver. Can someone explain to me what do firmware, softcam and loader relate to? I have seen it mentioned in this forum and I have done a search but I have not yet come across anything which fills in all the blanks. I am presumming that these relate to the digi-box, if so what can you do with the box.

Thanks,

DJJE.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There would appear to be several forums discussing your receiver, so there may well be non-standard firmware, unfortunately they are Turkish. Well I guess that it wouldn't be an English receiver, as they would have chosen a different name. :-lmao

DJJE

My Satellite Setup
Arcelik AS-510D CI
Blue Zeta cam funcard 2. Cas 2 interface with add-on
My Location
UK
rolfw said:
There would appear to be several forums discussing your receiver, so there may well be non-standard firmware, unfortunately they are Turkish. Well I guess that it wouldn't be an English receiver, as they would have chosen a different name. :-lmao
most of the forums are in turkish unless you can point me in the right direction. All I wanted is to clear up the confusion I have with softcam, loaders and firmware, is it all the same thing. If not, what are they and how can I update them?