What can or can't be opened with a Dreambox

BonceChops

BonceChops

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
Hi All,

I have just received my Dreambox 7000 and I am at the "what the hell do I do now" stage.
I am interested to know what channels can and can't be opened with a Dreambox. And which emu's to use for what. I am currently using the latest Hydra7000 image.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

A

AndyMan

I have the latest Hydra on mine (atlantis) and find I only use newcamd , it seems to open everything I need . As for what channels the dreambox will open ....... Everything ... :D .. (everything that is currently available anyway .. )

BonceChops

BonceChops

My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
What is available on Hipasat 30 west please. I have a tree in the way and can't decide if I should raise my dish higher to get over it.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All of the TV Cabo channels are available, but probably won't b long term.

BonceChops

BonceChops

My Satellite Setup
My Location
NW England
where did i leave that chainsaw ? LOL

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Im getting my chain saw out as well if needed. I just received my 1.2 m dish (brand new less than 50 euros from e bay hehehehe, it pays to be patient and have a daily search with e mail notification!!)

So I am going to move the dish up the hill over the trees, so I can get 30 west! Hispasat here I come!

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think we've created a monster. :D

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, on acid.... ;)

That's my kind of lunatic.

Buys a huge dish and mounts it high enough to see over the existing trees, and then cuts them down anyway just coz he had a drop of petrol left in his chainsaw!!!

Respect.

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
When moved into this house the Garden was like a jungle, left on its own for years and years. So I bought a lot of garden tools, all of them electric. Except for my favourite: 2 stroke Stiehl chainsaw muhuhahahaaaar. There is nothing like the scream of a tree ....

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, i have some sort of news on what can or can't be opened. For instance, I have found a place in cyberspace that mentiones a typical south american booze made from the Agave usually visible on 19 east (which I am currently watching). I am afraid it is in German, but maybe if someone looked at the link they can try to understand what those crafty Germans came up withhttp://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wb...d=&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=3

Comprende Amigo? ;)

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
And on TIT/everything-else by tomorrow apparently.

I love Mezcal...

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
The one I am waiting for is for the sky to open....

rolfw

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
See thread below for Taquilla on 19.2E

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
See thread below for Taquilla on 19.2E
AHHHHHH Im going blind

M

MacAddict

T_G said:
Well, i have some sort of news on what can or can't be opened. For instance, I have found a place in cyberspace that mentiones a typical south american booze made from the Agave usually visible on 19 east (which I am currently watching). I am afraid it is in German, but maybe if someone looked at the link they can try to understand what those crafty Germans came up withhttp://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wb...d=&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=3

Comprende Amigo? ;)
not had a look there, not had a look as my German is a non starter. But is that with a particular image or all of them ? The way I understand is that some images (hydra) can autoupdate the keys from web servers.

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MacAddict said:
not had a look there, not had a look as my German is a non starter. But is that with a particular image or all of them ? The way I understand is that some images (hydra) can autoupdate the keys from web servers.
I think it works with any image that has scam installed. I got Hydra working with it.
Regarding the autoupdate, I am not sure if this is the best method, read my Idiot Guide about the key updater.

M

MacAddict

T_G said:
I think it works with any image that has scam installed. I got Hydra working with it.
Regarding the autoupdate, I am not sure if this is the best method, read my Idiot Guide about the key updater.
I have, and still not sure what the issue would be. I am waiting for my dreambox to arrive, but was kind of hoping to use the autoupdate facility for the keys as well as the satellite.xml on a hydra image.

T_G

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
MacAddict said:
I have, and still not sure what the issue would be. I am waiting for my dreambox to arrive, but was kind of hoping to use the autoupdate facility for the keys as well as the satellite.xml on a hydra image.
The xml can indeed be updated using the satellites.xml plugin, but I am sure you can insert this plugin into any image. The keys can be updated from the Hydra, but from what I understood EVERYONE is using the AU Kefile updater, it seems to be the better choice.

But I think it is just a case of trying it out, and then giving me your full report about it, so I can include this in our guide. Failure to do so will be punished!!!! :D

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
T_G said:
...Failure to do so will be punished!!!! :D
T_G, you're scaring the customers!

P.S. Mine should arrive tomorrow!!! Christmas in JULY!!!!