What cards

Firstly thanks rolfw for all your help.
I've finally got my system up and running.
Zone 2 mini dish pointing at hotbird with Technomate 5000 ci reciever (fully patched apparantley) and Irdeto cam and 3 month subscription to SCT.
Now there is lots of channels 700+ and a lot of them are scrambled, not just mature content.
What cards do I need to unlock these channels?
There seems to be a lot of cards out there gold, silver, 5 in 1, 6 in 1 etc.
I dont understand it yet.
Would it be worth while buying a programmer and doing it myself or is it best to leave it to the experts?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Glad to hear that you're up and running. If your receiver is fully patched, I would assume that it means your cam will act as a Freecam, therefor any of the 6-in-1 files will be suitable using a fun card.

The programmer that a majority of hobbyists find to be value and easy to use is the Elvis and in conjunction with TJ's Multiprog program, its a doddle to do your own thing.

So my irdeto cam can be used as a freecam when i put a funcard in it?
Am i right?
A freecam just meaans that it will decode viaaacces irdeto etc?/
Anything elssse i neeed?????

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, only as mentioned above (that is assuming that the patch does facilitate the Freecam).