What connector do I need to....

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
consolidate the wiring of my system..

Normally I watch all Videos/TV via my PC....(:D since my Unidays ...I know! i need to get a TV)
and I like listening to Audio/Radio(via DTT Box/Sat Box) at Night witH my PC switched off.

I have sketched the rewiring of my system but my problem is what connector do I need to connect the STBes to the Speakers and PC Sound card * the same time.(??? in attached Picture. My apologies for it's poor quality and messy sketch).

Thanks for your help in Advance
Cheers

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Hey, that's some diagram!

At 1st glance, that's scart to phono. Sometimes available at pound shops (for £!).

However ... a scart lead has both (stereo) audio in, and out, so you need the right one! Although, the pound shop ones are easily dismantled, and if u can solder then it's easy to change!

added - nope, looked again, and i must be wrong!

is that pc straight to audio amp?

added - hang on, just looked yet again!

As far as i can tell (!), that's phono connectors. Often, you get 3 wire leads, red/green for l/r audio, with yellow for composite video (not used here!).

If you're just connecting 2 feeds in parallel into the amp, you can either connect them directly together, or via a switch, both feeds should be at roughly "zero line level", ie, 0.7 v rms, so a similar volume.

However, if one feed is from a speakers output, then that's a much higher level, and you'll have problems with controlling volume.

.... er, more info? .....