what DISH and LNB required for receiving ASTRA 19.2 E

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG Digital Receiver, SRT 7400, HD, with TNT SAT card.
My Location
North Lincs
Hello
I have upgraded from my old analogue receiver to a new Satellite digital HD receiver STRONG SRT 7400 with a card to receive the french channels from TNT SAT.
On the instruction booklet it says to orientate the dish to Astra 19.2 E.
Unfortunately my actual installation (quite old) does not work. I am looking to buy a new kit, new dish, LNB etc... but I do not know which one to get? there are so many different things out there. I live in the North Lincolnshire. Someone said to change the LNB. Can anyone help me with the following: what size Dish do I need? what LNB? is there a special cable or LNB or connectors needed for HD reception? I see a lot of kit for sale to catch Freesat and zone 1 or zone 2, would these kit be suitable.
I am sorry, but I am trying to understand these things, and do not want to buy a kit that do not work.
Thank you for your help
Nanette

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your old analogue dish is probably already pointing at 19E

First thing to change is the lnb - thats the bit on the end of the arm of the dish. If the dish is rusted up you are probably just as well replacing the entire dish - a 60cm dish should be fine for 19E in Lincs (thats equivalent to a zone 2 Sky dish) You may want to go up to 70cm to give you a bit more rain fade margin.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
A zone2 would be fine for 19e. What dish do you currently have, as a simple universal LNb swap out may get you up and running.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
CELINOU said:
Hello
Can anyone help me with the following: what size Dish do I need? what LNB? is there a special cable or LNB or connectors needed for HD reception? I see a lot of kit for sale to catch Freesat and zone 1 or zone 2, would these kit be suitable.
Nanette

A 60cm, a universal LNB, satellite cable, f connectors. Nothing special is neeed for HD, apart from having a HD receiver. So its probably just a new LNB you need, as above. The Fresat zone2 kit would be suitable as well, if you are intent on renewing everything.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
Zone 1 is fine for 19e, working great here

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
Thanks to everyone for your advices. I am now going to look for a new Dish, as mine is very old and rusted anyway, and LNB. I hope this will work and that I can enjoy French TV again.

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
the dish I currently have is an old dish used to get the first sky, it is getting rusty and needs a change i guess

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
At the very least the lnb needs changing. As long as the dish isnt actually falling apart it will do fine. - I use all sorts of scruffy old dishes recovered from the side of the road, local woodlands, out of skips etc. As long as they arent too warped or dented they do fine.

The biggest problems you tend to get with old dishes is that any nuts and bolts holding the lnb clamps into place rust up solid and have to be hacksawed off.

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
I have decided to go for first changing the LNB, I have ordered one yesterday. I shall keep my dish first, and try with the new Universal LNB. What about the cable? is there any special way of attaching the cable to the LNB, any precaution I need to take ? would i need to change the cable ? or cable endings? the cable runs inside the wall (and to be honest, I have no clue how the person did the installation? how did he find the way from the top of the wall outside, to the bottom of the room wall inside? that is what am worried about if I was to have to change the cable. Any advice? suggestions?
I shall keep asking question, as I go on with my setting up! thank you for your advices!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Try the existing cable first, it will probably work ok.

All connections are done with f connectors, mostly screwed onto appropriately prepared cable ends

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
hi
I have bought a new universal LNB, and a new f connector, changed both but still have no signal! i have noticed that my dish is rusted in the middle and also has a hole, could this be the reason of the problem. Tried to orientate the dish but cannot find any signal for Astra 19.2 E . Any idea?
thank you

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
How old is the dish then? Are you sure it's pointing at the correct satellite?

Yes, a hole will reduce signal and really the dish should be replaced but you should get SOME signal.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
PLease post up a photo of your dish, and the view from it. There may be something obvious that you have overlooked.

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
Hi
My dish is an old sky dish, 60 cm only. I got some signal with my new box, but very weak. I have checked the box, it works well. So now, I am going to buy a new dish, the strengh of the signal is not strong enough.
I am going to get a 80 cm. Hope this works? am not sure about the make or anything else (mesh?). well, hopefully am going to make this thing work, sometimes.
thank you for all your advices.

CELINOU

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Lincs
Hello,
me again,
I have bought a new dish now, it is a 80 cm, bought earlier a new LNB. But now, the wall mount that I have got does not fit with the dish ! I am posting some pictures of the dish and the system attached to it. Can anyone, tell me which Pole Mount do I need with this? I bought my receiver in January. Still cannot get anything working.
THANKS if anyone can help me?
How do I post a picture?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
CELINOU said:
Hello,
me again,
I have bought a new dish now, it is a 80 cm, bought earlier a new LNB. But now, the wall mount that I have got does not fit with the dish ! I am posting some pictures of the dish and the system attached to it. Can anyone, tell me which Pole Mount do I need with this? I bought my receiver in January. Still cannot get anything working.
THANKS if anyone can help me?
How do I post a picture?

When posting use the "go advanced" button lower right