What dish size do i need to get thor .8west?

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
Hi everyone,

I have setup my little 60cm dish on H-H mount at my student flat, but cant seem to get 0.8w or 1w (however i get all the other sats :s). Can anyone suggest a solution?

Also the main question, what size dish is required to get the thor sats at .8west from the south devon area?

Thanks,
The Fatty

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
The Fatty said:
Hi everyone,

I have setup my little 60cm dish on H-H mount at my student flat, but cant seem to get 0.8w or 1w (however i get all the other sats :s). Can anyone suggest a solution?

Also the main question, what size dish is required to get the thor sats at .8west from the south devon area?

Thanks,
The Fatty

Hi m8 i,m getting Thor on a 90cm dish although the signal strength fluctuates, can,t get nova sports now and again, i had the same problem and found my dish was slightly out on elevation, raised the dish slightly now ok,

hope this helps Dave

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
The Fatty said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
The Fatty

Checked 1w / .8w for you earlier on a 60cm we have just setup for a customer (mid UK near Jodrel) and on a TM 5000 series the Poker Channel = 98% quality and the Nova channels 68%/70%Q with breakup on that box at 48%Q- and for reference Dubai One is about 58% on 26e on the same 60cm dish..... let me know if you have a specific TP to check on 1w/.8w.

You're a lot nearer there so should do better on Nova.... 68/70% does offer some rain fade.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Fill in your location in your profile and people may be able to help you...

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
Try the BBCWORLD's TP, it should be stronger there - you will lose on some beam's signals from 1/.8w being in Devon.

Also

Check that the TP that you are using is active.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
mhku said:
Fill in your location in your profile and people may be able to help you...
South Devon.

selector

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, Multifeed Gibertini 105
My Location
Mediteran
procedures link can help
Code:
http://www.dishpointer.com/

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the replies! I have managed to fix the problem by lowering the angle of the dish on the mount thats on the back of the dish (cant remeber if thats the elevation or declination)! Very happy I have got this sorted now :)

The Fatty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Passion HD
Nokia 9600S (DVB2000)
Skystar 2
My Location
Devon
Should also say that I used my old Nokia 9600S with DVB2000 loaded onto it to find the signal as it outputs the raw data from the tuner; my fortec star passion takes far to long to give a lock on a signal!