What do I do?

SamUK

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky digital system
My Location
West Yorkshire, UK
Can anyone please help a complete novice? Ditched Sky for the c able alternative.
I'd really like to add a satellite system which would pick up some additional foreign channels from a different satellite. I really miss some of the old channels I could get with the old analogue system like RTL etc.
Is there any use for my old Sky digibox and dish? Could I just get the Sky dish taken down and replace it with a different dish pointing in a different direction. Would the existing cable into the house be OK?
I'm really sorry if this sounds basic and completely naive - I honestly haven't a clue and would appreciate any help!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, there are a multitude of options open to you, it depends how far you want to go.

For nothing, you could swivel your dish right by 10 degrees (from behind dish) and up a couple of degrees and get RTL on your Sky box, with add additional channels. Or get a basic FTA receiver for arond £30 to £40.

If you want to spend some money then you could go for a motorised 80cm or 1m dish,or a 80cm with monoblock or a multifeed dish setup.

Robbo

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
maybe a 80cm dish with monoblock lnb for the astra and hotbird channels and motorise the dish later if you wish to ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
simplest option - new receiver, 80cm dish with monobloc LNb for reception of 19e & 13e. Single cable and receiver will switch between the two satellites.

With an LNb Muli-bracket, you can fit a three LNb arrangement set up for 19, 13 & 28e.

GlennMillarTV

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None, well Sky Digi...
My Location
Portadown, Northern Ireland
For all the difference in cost, if your going to fit 3 LNB's, a DISCqE switch and the correct Multi LNB holder, get a motor instead.

kenny1234

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised ASC 1.2m,1224 Supermount with C120 Invacom Quad LNB with Matched Feedhorn.
My Location
Scunthorpe
Whatever you do you wont regret it i dont even subscribe to anything now i ve got my motorised system:):):):):):):), there s plenty of top notch programs for FREE.

aileen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 6800 HD. Now died. Protek HD 9750
Motorised 88 cm dish
Installed by Robbo
Mac computers
My Location
S E Kent
I was equally looking for RTL and other German channels after analogue. I bought a new rig whilst not knowing anything about the subject. I asked Mod. Robbo to set it up for me and cannot stress enough my appreciation for the continual expert help and advice he has given me since he installed it in response to my gormless questions. Magic result. 11-30 a.m. and RTL radio on high. Happy bunny.
Great site this

ALICEFAN

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
Swansea, South Wales
Hello,just joined up and just like SamUK I`m a complete novice....I d want to watch Man United games every Sat, at present I watch on a
PC but I`d like to buy a motorised system but I`m totally baffled,some
sites offer a complete deal with Prem football for about £200 some offer a completed patched reciever, can anyone help ?
Thank`s