What Equipment would you recomend i buy to set up Satalite in Spain (Alicante)

kaiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Do not have satalite at this time , computer is set up to wireless in spain
My Location
spain
Could anyboby please advise me what i would need to buy to set up Satalite System in Spain, i had this in the UK (Aberdeen) but this was several years ago i had Humax Box on Motorised Dish dragon Cam and Card i would like to do the same here is it possible to do this

dago

Reaction score
where in alicante m8? you will probably need a dish over 1.5m as for the reciver it depents
what you want to watch with it; if you still have the dragon cam
and recever, you can used that.
best regards.:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, setting up a motorised dish in Spain, follows the same principle as the UK.

Choose your receiver, maybe a Diseqc 1.2 motor (1m or less dish), your dish, and if you want a CAM such as the Diablo, make sure you get a receiver with CI slots.

kaiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
Thanks what receiver would you recommend i buy, i will also buy latest Dragon Cam , Card or would you recommend another

kaiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
actually 40 ks south of Alicante , i will need to buy new receiver , dish ,motor and Cam
Could you give me a detailed list of what i will need to install a good system as there are so many diferent products available i really do not know what is good and what is not

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I prefer the Technomates personally, eg the TM5400CI+ for SD or the TM6800/6900 for HD or the ClarkeTech equivalents if cheaper. But there are lots of other choices, like a Linux box, eg a Dreambox 7025 or DM800 HD. Or I think Duolabs were doing receivers with Diablos built in (Q-box I think)

The Diablo is more popular than the Dragon at the moment it seems.

A lot depends on what channels you want, which in turn can determine the dish size. If you want the UK PSB (bbc itv etc)channels you will need a big dish, and it wouldprobably be easier to have it fixed.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
it depends on what you want and what size dish you can get away with

a good system would be something like

1.2/1.5m dish something like gibertini
polar mount and 24inch actuator
vbox
invacom c120 quad lnb and channel master feedhorn
receiver wise either technomate, dreambox, vantage etc whether you want hd as well

kaiser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
spain
All in what am i looking at in £s well Euros just the same now