What football is still available free?

geordiejohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky sd and penta 85cm motorised with ancient spiderbox 900HD
My Location
uk
Hi all,I could do with some advice on whether it is worth restarting my sat. hobby?

I have a penta 85cm dish and motor and an old spiderbox 9000HD, it was mainly used for football with 3pm Saturday kickoffs a priority, this was back when there were a number off packages opening with keys.

At the moment we used an android box but we are moving to the Scots. borders where the broadband is poor at the moment.

Are there many games in the clear that I would be able to get with this set up? I seem to remember a channel called sport italia 2 which showed championship games in the clear, (Newcastle are my team!), is this still the case?

I have no intention of going down the C/S route.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Turkmenistan Sports channel has been consistently good for football fans this last season. And its on a nice high power beam into Europe. Its an easy catch on a 80cm dish in the Borders.

;)

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
A

Archive4

The Turkmenistan Sports channel has been consistently good for football fans this last season. And its on a nice high power beam into Europe. Its an easy catch on a 80cm dish in the Borders.

;)
But zilch on a 1.8m in Spain:(

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
At the moment we used an android box but we are moving to the Scots. borders where the broadband is poor at the moment.

Which bit of the Borders are you moving to? Most of the bigger towns have been fibred now but forget it if you are moving out to the sticks.

Im 1.5 miles from Galashiels town centre and limp along on 2.5meg down and 0.3 up. There is currently absolutely no hope of any decent speed increase in our supply as we are more than 1500m from the cabinet.

geordiejohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky sd and penta 85cm motorised with ancient spiderbox 900HD
My Location
uk
Gordon, better internet promised at the end of the year but we shall see. Are there any decent pubs in Gala? All we found were both rough and empty!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Gordon, better internet promised at the end of the year but we shall see. Are there any decent pubs in Gala? All we found were both rough and empty!

The Ladhope up the top end of town on the A7 northbound & the Salmon by the fountain are the best two. There is a Wetherspoons too which isnt too bad if you want a quick pint. The pubs are struggling in the current economy though - several have closed in the last few years and I wouldnt be surprised if more go.

However this is off topic - if you need any advice about the Borders give me a pm - Im an incomer who has lived here 20+ years.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Varzish is about 2 seconds ahead of ITV :D

Jamie A

Reaction score
When I looked earlier, I was getting no video from Varzish... they must be fiddling about with somthin!

A

Archive4

On the way back from 52.5 W, I stopped at 3 W and got the BBC feed at 9.2 dB, when I checked a few minutes ago it was only 5.4 dB, so time to re check the dish!
( Funny thing, according to the Extrend stb 3 W is c band only, but I can see the ku feed )

4Himdj

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Laminas Dish
My Location
Rome
varzish sport is sometimes with black screen because of technical problem as they announced often on facebook
no scrambling for the moment
the channel don't share same uplink of turkmenistan sport and seems they have regular rights for the competition that broadcast.
tm sport has agreements with a couple of central asia pay tv to retrasmit some live football match
but these agreements are often unstable and there are periods with no live football.
they trasmit euro 2016 from alma sport (ex stan sport) now

regards