What happens to old (active) sky card after upgrade?

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
Hi all,
I have a sky full package sub, and was thinking of getting a HD box 2nd hand and installing it myself. If I phone sky and get the box paired with a spare card I have, do they turn off the old card immediately or can I still use it. I was hoping to be able to put the old box, fully working, in the bedroom for the christmas period. Am I in danger of extra charges sudenly appearing from sky, or, even worse, them puling the plug on me completely.
Any thoughts?
Peter

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its turned off. :D

Even if it isnt it wil go off in a few weeks when it misses its stay alive signals

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
Analoguesat said:
Even if it isnt it wil go off in a few weeks when it misses its stay alive signals

Thats what I am hoping...a few weeks of bonus Sky sports/movies for the spare room or bedroom over the xmas period. Would sky know the old card was still being used, and what would they be able to do about it?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dont think it will work - you transfer the active sub over to another card they turn the old one off.

Sky have all the bases covered :D

G

peter in the bus said:
Thats what I am hoping...a few weeks of bonus Sky sports/movies for the spare room or bedroom over the xmas period. Would sky know the old card was still being used, and what would they be able to do about it?

There is no return path, so they will not know.

But it almost certainly won't happen anyway.

I'm a bit unclear about your "spare" Card - If it isn't already registered to you and you ask Sky to pair it, you might find that they are somewhat disinclined so to do.