What if I want my polar mount middle point not to be highest satellite?

BombedOne

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Hello. I have polar mount, which manual says, that from center, it provides -50+50 degrees rotation. If I allign it to according general guides, where's the middle sat is the highest one in area (in my case 45E), I'll have the range of 95E-5W, which is not OK for me, since I want C band, so I'd prefer to have 115E-15E range. How should I set up polar mount in such case?
 
You can't.

You need an H-H mount if you want to go further than the polar mount allows.
 
yep, you can't go beyond the physical end of travel of the polar mount.
 
Yes I know that I can't go, but by adjusting the declination and so on, can I "shift" the center point to be say 62E ?
 
No you can't.

The top of your arc is at 45E, you can't change that. The satellites are where they are.

The polar mount also transcribes an arc, you can't change that either.

The two arcs must line up, if they are 10 degrees out from each other horizontally for example, you will only get one satellite, at the point that the arcs cross.

If the dish is within the size range, you need a Jaeger 1224 or similar.
 
I meant, what if I incline main mast, where complete polar mount is fixed, in such way, that top position of arc will become 62E ?
 
You can move the arc you transcribe wherever you want, but it wont make the positions of the satellites change, 45E will always be at the top of the satellite arc, as seen from your location.
This is mine- http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...t-motorised-systems/117335-satellite-arc.html

Now, if your satellite arc was part of a perfect semi-circle (which it isn't) you could tilt the pole sideways, but it isn't so you can't.

What would possibly work though, is that if you added separate elevational axis control as well, eg with an additional actuator. Effectively realising your own dual axis system.

I imagine that the easiest way to set that up would be to have zero inclination, and let a second actuator control the elevation.
 
Back
Top