JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
BigSat BS-S 501 xtra Freesat Box, Pace Skybox DS440N, Humax Foxsat - HDR
My Location
Costa Blanca South
I have seen an advert for the 'New Black Box Receiver' for use on the Costa Blanca. Apparantly you can receive lots of channels eg. Sky 1, Sky Sports, Bravo, Hallmark, History, Nat Geog and many more. Can anyone tell me exactly what this type of receiver is and if it is reliable on the Costa Blanca and do you have to pay for these channels as you do with a Sky Box? Are they expensive? Thanks for any info.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
My money is on it being a commercial card share receiver. If Im right then you pay the card share people instead of Sky.

A foolish way to go to be blunt.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
AS is right. It is a card share. I've been to a few places with these. No box in particular. It could be one of many, DM500 clone, Eagle, Spider, Openbox, etc. Obviously you would still need a system (dish and install) that can receive the channels you want. No magic is going to get you round that. If you want BBC, etc. you are still going to need a big dish. One of my clients told me the guy that supplied him with a box came and fitted the box but wouldn't have anything else to do with the satellite system. He paid 200€ for the box plus pays 20€ a month, which is more than the minimum subscription to Sky.

Oh, and by the way the police here shutdown a commercial card share recently and arrested all the subscribers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thank you Huevos. Now as this site cannot to be seen to be giving any support to commercial pay share operations (especially those defrauding Sky UK of their legitimate subscription income) I hope no-one will object if I close this thread now the question has been answered.

I have no wish to be hauled up in court in front of Sky's lawyers and Im pretty sure the other admins & mods dont wish to be either - Sky can afford much better legal teams than we can!

Status
Not open for further replies.