What is best for my setup ?

sharkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
Merseyside
Hi all hope someone can help me out.

Newly refurb house I have had twin Ct100 & cat 5 to each of 3 downstairs locations (main lounge, lounge 2, kids room) and each of 3 bedrooms. The main lounge has 3 more ct 100 (5 total) and 2 more C5 (3 total) all of this goes to loft and have easy access out to dish location.

I am considering Sky HD with 1x multi room (main lounge & lounge 2) and wish to magic eye the Sky to kids room and bedrooms.

Considerations
I have cabled for a conservatory next year so need expansion for another magic eye or main box.
Merseyside Area.

Questions
What size dish will I need or am I best just accepting the disk sky will install for me?
What size LNB.
What type of loft box will I need?
Any other considerations?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Hi,

Zone 1 is the standard and will serve your system ok. Quad LNb for two receivers needed; Octo for three receivers.
For remote eyes, a loftbox which will allow IR pass. Locations where sky boxes will go require two feeds for IF satellite and 1 relay feed back to the loftbox.

With CAt5's in and if money was no object, a matrix switch in the loft. Hide all equip away from out of sight ;)

sharkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD
My Location
Merseyside
Hi is zone 1 a standard sky dish? Can you point me in the direction of a matrix switch.

I only have two feeds plus a C5 in one of the sky locations I want to share, is this not going to be possible?
What type of loft box is recommended.
Sorry for all the questions