What is most reliable DVB-S2 receiver for DiSEqC 1.2 motor positioning?

satdx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dx
My Location
europe
:-welcome

My friends dxers, I`m using still FOR YEARS analogue DVB-S Opticum 7100C receiver for moving diseqc 1.2 motorised dish, because my dish is on top of the building and out of my visibility and I can`t risk to move dish "blind" and damage, but what will be if all DVB-S channels gone.....Someone know DVB-S2 receiver (hardware blindscan is welcome) with 100% reliable positioner for diseqc 1,2 motor? Must have LNB OUT (LOOP), for my TBS card. I do not want to use USALS, only positioner. On top are sometime strong wind attacks.....I have Openbox SX6 now, and thus ordered new Octagon SX88, but still not tried and "risk" to move motor with them.....Sometime happened with other receivers to damage dish and motor to wall when I unfortunately trusted their "reliability", that is nightmare..

What are reccomendations...? I hope FINALLY some DVB-S2 receiver is maked without bugs with diseqc 1.2 motor positioning...or if not will be soon.....DVB-S signals slowly but surely more and more leaving or moving to DVB-S2.....

Thanks

Last edited:

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You will almost certainly require your installer to return and set limits to the motor on the roof, as this would stop damage from occurring to the dish

satdx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dx
My Location
europe
Thank

But still is point to find reliable DVB-S2 receiver about what I said

Thanks for all

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
A 'reliable' receiver will be little use if you damage the dish, again.