What is possible?

bedbug

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky
My Location
uk
Currently I've got sky+ (which I'd like to keep (for now) and the sky dish is sitting on 2 metre purpose-built pole fixed to the rear of my house, - I'm wondering if its possible to get rid of the sky dish attach multiple LNB's (including sky's) to another dish (motorised) and fix that to the pole. If that is possible how would I go about it? Alternatively, if there were room could I attach a 2nd dish to that pole or would that prove unstable? (Sorry I'm a real noob to all of this).

Along with the new dish I intend to get an additional receiver to run alongside the sky box (Technomate 5400 looks favourite at the mo) but apart from the dish and the box I'm confused as to what kit I need to get everything up and running. As I've mentioned in a previous post I'd like to get French and German free to air channels.

But I'd love to know what is really possible with a home setup. ie can I get premiership football without having to rely on sky for example and thereby getting rid of that altogether? I know I can use a seperate HDD to record channels. Isthere any literature which could tell me exactly what channels I can get and what those channels offer? I'm sure there is a wealth of possibilities out there but I just don't know what they are(Again - apologies for the newbie questions).

Thanks for your time and for any help you can give.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, you would not nomally add multiple LNBs to a motorised dish, unless you were slightly eccentric. Secondly, a Sky receiver needs to be on a fixed dish.

The two main options are:

to keep the existing Sky dish, and add a motorised one

OR

To replace the existing dish with a much larger one, with multiple LNBs on it.

Probably best you post a photo of where you think the dish is going.

Useful sites to find out what channels are where are flysat,lyngsat and kingofsat.

and for football- _http://liveonsat.com/today.php

Robbo:)