what is the third position

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
Guys

On my 110 cm dish i have already received the position 26 Badr 4 and 19,2 Astra. As you can see in the picture, there is place for one LNB more.

Anyone can tell me which position can I receive in it?

image-918fc12f2b712fa69be4ed3f52618d9bfc01e7837bdd782b10feed6345d936a5-V[1].jpg

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
A

archive10

Assuming your dish is aimed at 26E, then the answer would be 33E.
But that's not really interesting if you are looking for FTA Ku channels.
Are you looking to watch TV, or just receive stuff for the heck of it?

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
Assuming your dish is aimed at 26E, then the answer would be 33E.
But that's not really interesting if you are looking for FTA Ku channels.
Are you looking to watch TV, or just receive stuff for the heck of it?

Yes I m looking to watch TV, and I am interested to watch some spain channels, if it is possibol.
I've actually tried with 28.2 but without success

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You could try for 36E in circular. Or even 42e for Turkish. 19.2e is the best for Spanish content but you already have this.

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
But what is the explanation for whay I could not receive the 28,2?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You have two problems, in receiving Astra 2, 28.2E, the first is the LNB already pointing at 26E, which is too close to 28.2E to fit normal LNB's, and might even be too close to fit very slim LNB's, bullet nose, but hopefully a professional installer, or someone who has experience, with these LNB's, could provide better information.
The second is your location, many channels, on 28.2E, now use the UK spot beam, whcih is more difficult to pick up, but you should be able to get the ones on the Europe KU beam.
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html
Code:
http://www.ses.com/4628824/astra-2g

A

archive10

Yes I m looking to watch TV, and I am interested to watch some spain channels, if it is possibol.
I've actually tried with 28.2 but without success
Spanish is as stated above on 19.2 or even 30W. But the latter requires a separate dish. I tried a triax td 64 on 30w in nordsjaelland, and it works well.
42E is mostl Turkish channels. And may not give good results as it would be 16 degrees out. Look at lyngsat to find a Sat that might be interesting.
28.2 is as Mick points out difficult. You need a bigger dish (tho not much.- a 120 will do).
There are very few FTA on Europe -wide beams. But I don't think you will get a 2nd lnb next to the 26e one. Even a narrow one. As I said in another thread - get a second dish.

ranjitdada

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Not
My Location
Pune
110cm dish available ur area

Sent from my ST21i2 using Tapatalk

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
Spanish is as stated above on 19.2 or even 30W. But the latter requires a separate dish. I tried a triax td 64 on 30w in nordsjaelland, and it works well.
42E is mostl Turkish channels. And may not give good results as it would be 16 degrees out. Look at lyngsat to find a Sat that might be interesting.
28.2 is as Mick points out difficult. You need a bigger dish (tho not much.- a 120 will do).
There are very few FTA on Europe -wide beams. But I don't think you will get a 2nd lnb next to the 26e one. Even a narrow one. As I said in another thread - get a second dish.

Hello st1

So I have to forget all about the third position on my 110 cm: I need another dish to receive the 30W.

I live in Helsinge in nordsjaelland.
Do you know if it's ok with a 60 cm dish, and Another thing
Do you have a strong freqvancy to pick a strong channel.

A

archive10

I live in Helsinge in nordsjaelland.
Do you know if it's ok with a 60 cm dish, and Another thing
Do you have a strong freqvancy to pick a strong channel.
You should be able to easily pick 30W on a 60 cm dish from Helsinge.
I did it a couple of years ago on a 60 cm dish (so called Triax 64).

See https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums...help-with-no-signal.149775/page-2#post-764230

Notice how the dish appears to be pointing downwards due to the low elevation of the dish.
You may find that you have something blocking your view in that direction as it is close to the Horizon.
Also note the skew required to pick up anything.
You can see one of the good frequencies on the pics - that was one of the stronger ones.

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
You should be able to easily pick 30W on a 60 cm dish from Helsinge.
I did it a couple of years ago on a 60 cm dish (so called Triax 64).

See https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums...help-with-no-signal.149775/page-2#post-764230

Notice how the dish appears to be pointing downwards due to the low elevation of the dish.
You may find that you have something blocking your view in that direction as it is close to the Horizon.
Also note the skew required to pick up anything.
You can see one of the good frequencies on the pics - that was one of the stronger ones.

Thanks st1.
I will try with one today 12132 H 27500-3/4.
I hope that I can get some signal

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
I could not find any signal from 30W.

I adjusted the dish (85 cm) and turned it to right side of Hotbird 13, also I have tilted the dish to 10 degree down and turned the lnb for both sides but unfortunately nothing happend.

does anyone have better idea about what to do

A

archive10

I adjusted the dish (85 cm) and turned it to right side of Hotbird 13, also I have tilted the dish to 10 degree down and turned the lnb for both sides but unfortunately nothing happend.

Unless there is something in the way (tree, house, hedge), then you should be able to pick up 30W no problem on an 80cm dish.
Remember I did it on a 60 cm dish. The key is to get the right alignment AND skew, and the right frequency.

First thing that comes to mind: You wrote you were going to go for 12132H. This is on the US beam, and therefore completely out of range for us in Europe.
I'd probably go for something like 11771V (BBC World News Europe), or 12092V, which would give you free channels on the Europe Ku beam.

Second thing: Often, the dish needs to be "pointing" much more into ground than you think - the OP of the thread I refer to above had to tilt his dish much more than he ever thought necessary.
Use dishpointer.com:: while the images are not entirely correct in alignment, the calculations are good - the elevation of Hispasat is about 16.1 degrees. The Triax I used had a gauge on the side of the mount to illustrate this (again, see pictures in the other thread). Maybe yours does too?

Thirdly: Check the skew. Your LNB needs to be rotated about 25 degrees, which is a lot!

I might just for the point of it try and point a dish at 30W tomorrow afternoon to verify that it's possible.
Keep us posted with your results...

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
I have to add these in my meter:
11771V 27500-3/4. or
12092V 27500-3/4.

Is it right?

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex

30 west has a very strong signal in your location Denmark for a 60cm dish

hispasat-1d-europa.jpg

Attachments

• hispasat-1e-europa.jpg
    hispasat-1e-europa.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 5

Dia M2030

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Yahsat
My Location
Denmark
I regret to say that today I have spent over 2.5 hours to find signal but without success.

With this 11771V 27500-3/4 I got some Italy channels not Spanish :).

Soon I will upload some pics from my dish, maybe I'll give up, I've tried to move the dish to another place, there was no signal either.
ST1 I have rotated the LNB 25 degrees to both sides, and pointed the dish into ground, but no difference..
So I do not really know what to do more, maybe I can not figure it out

A

archive10

I regret to say that today I have spent over 2.5 hours to find signal but without success.

With this 11771V 27500-3/4 I got some Italy channels not Spanish :).
Then you are pointing clearly in the wrong direction.
You need to be pointing almost due SW, not SE, where the Italian channels are (13E).
Soon I will upload some pics from my dish, maybe I'll give up, I've tried to move the dish to another place, there was no signal either.
ST1 I have rotated the LNB 25 degrees to both sides, and pointed the dish into ground, but no difference..
Have you double-checked with dishpointer.com? It's not spot-on, bit reasonably accurate, so maybe you want to verify that you are indeed pointing your dishes in the right direction. Remember: 1) set reasonably accurate elevation, then move dish back and forth to find signal. 2) maximise horizontal alignment. 3) adjust elevation to maximum power. 4) adjust skew to get best quality reading.
So I do not really know what to do more, maybe I can not figure it out
Let me know how things are going, I might be persuaded to give you a visit and help you aim the dish...