What reciever

L

lexden

Hi Guys
I have a 1m motorised dish and would like to get channals from 1d & 8d west
what would be the best reciever for this, I was thinking of getting Technomate 5500 dapci or a Force 1145s with viaccess & conax + 2 ci slots what would be the best and can you tell me anything about these recievers
many thanks guys Dave

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I would be more inclined to go for the Technomate Dave, but I'm sure that someone else will tell you that they prefer the Force receiver. Truth is that there are a lot of good receivers out there and everyone has a different opinion.

The only thing with embedded CAMs is that they can be a bit limiting if encryptions change or update, hence the popularity of the Matrix Reloaded and Magic Module.

PS. Don't forget 30W.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
The other thing to have in mind is how many channels and satellites a receiver can store, with just nine satellites there would be about 2,500 channels!, although quite a lot of them are not worth watching. The receiver I have can store (so they claim!) 9,000 channels! and has 60 satellites pre-programmed into it.

L

lexden

I have looked at 30w over 200 channals would i need a cam to veiw them only 37 in the clear

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Matrix Reloaded, see relevant forum.