What satellites do I need to be aiming at?

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Ok the other day a guy I met at work was telling me about receiving lots of channels that he gets in english, he said that he watches or gets most of the "Premier Football", 50 movie channels, ect.

He has 2 80cm satellite dishes 1 with 2 LNB's and the other with 1 LNB and also uses card sharing for some scrambled channels.

I'm in, Spain, Valencia, dose anyone know what Satellites he will be fixed to and what channels he will be receiving, ect, I'm sure he mentioned, Super sports, but I could be mistaken, and that some channels were for the yanks in, Saudi, I'm also intrested how he gets the card sharing, I'm probably not going to see the guy agian unfortunately and cauld do with your help in what I may need to set this up.

Many thanks and sorry if I haven't posted this in the correct place.

KOY:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Permier football is transmitted on a number of satelites.

The supersports package is on 16E DigitalB. £150 per 12 month.

Movies are on a number too, including 13E,19.2E and 1W.

TPS,Polsat,Cyfra+ SRG;D+,DigiTV

Check the package info on lyngsat.com

Here is a link which tells you which matches are shown when:-

_http://www.liveonsat.com/

A motorised dish gives you the greatest choice.

Robbo

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Robbo71 said:
Permier football is transmitted on a number of satelites.

The supersports package is on 16E DigitalB. £150 per 12 month.

Movies are on a number too, including 13E,19.2E and 1W.

TPS,Polsat,Cyfra+ SRG;D+,DigiTV

Check the package info on lyngsat.com

Here is a link which tells you which matches are shown when:-

_http://www.liveonsat.com/

A motorised dish gives you the greatest choice.

Robbo

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late thanks.

1) Could you tell me how easy it would be for me to install a motorized dish myself?

2) What do I need exactly for example: 80cm Dish, Bracket, Motor?

3) Could I control the dish with a "Dreambox" or do you need something else to control the dish?

4) Do I need to use a signal finder to set the dish up when installing or will it find the satellites its self?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I don't have much experience in this area but would like to try installing it myself.

Thanks,

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
koy said:
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late thanks.

1) Could you tell me how easy it would be for me to install a motorized dish myself?

2) What do I need exactly for example: 80cm Dish, Bracket, Motor?

3) Could I control the dish with a "Dreambox" or do you need something else to control the dish?

4) Do I need to use a signal finder to set the dish up when installing or will it find the satellites its self?

Sorry if these questions seem stupid but I don't have much experience in this area but would like to try installing it myself.

Thanks,

Hi again Koy.

It is relatively easy to install a motorised dish. Have a look at one of the guides. Many complete newbies to satellite TV have installed them and obtained excellent results.

The fixings etc are also explained in rolfs guide. Basically a stout 2inch pole and a couple of T&K brackets should do the trick. For a dish up to 1m, for example an 88cm Triax, a Moteck SG2100 Diseqc motor would be sufficient.

A Dreambox will be able to control a DiSEqC 1.2 motor yes, for a 36V motor an external V-box or similar is required.

A satfinder meter, I have found makes the job a little easier, but is not essential, but I think they are worth the £10.

Here is rolf's guide:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...6-setup-guide-moteck-diseqc-motor-others.html

there are other guides in that section too.

Robbo:)

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Robbo71, Thank you very much for your help you have been a great help and I have checked out the tutorials and they are also a great help.

Many thanks

KOY

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
koy said:
Robbo71, Thank you very much for your help you have been a great help and I have checked out the tutorials and they are also a great help.

Many thanks

KOY

No problem, if you decide to set one up and if you get any problems, I'm sure someone will help if you need it. Have you posted a picture of your existing system in here:-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/picture-members-setups-general-satellite-installations/
We always like to see piccies of big dishes.:)
Robbo

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
I will post some pics but first I want to get get my "Motorized dish" up and running so I can show both setups, I now have more questions to ask as now I know I'm defiantly going ahead with this project.

1) Can you recomend a good quality: dish about, 90cm - 1m, in size?
I was thinking of: FUNKE FA-99 1m dish?
[Can you tell me if the clear transparent Plastic dishes still get the same quality of reception as a metal one?]

2) Can you recomend a good quality: Motor?
I was thinking of: MOTECK SG2100A DISEQC MOTOR?

3) Can you recomend a good quality: LNB?
I was thinking of: INVACOM 0.3dB C120 Single or Twin?

4) The LNB question brings me to my next question, can I use a motorized dish setup with more than 1 reciver if so how?

5) If the above are good are they all compatible?

6) I will be buying a, Dreambox 7025, as my receiver.

Many thanks,

KOY

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi again :)

I should probably PASS on your dish question really, as I'm using a motorised Sky minidish at the moment, due to space constraints.
I also have a 90cm Fortec Star, Maplin Special, it seem solid enough.
The Triax TD range seem quite popular with some other members.

The SG2100 motors, are very good value for money and some members have been using them for a few years without a problem. I am sure there are better quality but more expensive motors around, I think Jaeger do an H-H motor also, in both 36V and DiSEqC varieties.
I have a STAB myself, seems OK so far.

This thread provides views on what is the best LNB:-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...d-systems/110907-i-search-best-lnb-today.html

and also summed up by garym in this post:-
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...ms/111038-newbie-looking-help.html#post686994

Yes you can use a motorised dish with more than one receiver.

With Diseqc only one of them could control it, the other one would have to run off the other port of a twin LNB.

A 36-V motor might be a better option in this case as you could use a separate controller such as a V-box, presumably you can remote-extend these? Hopefully someone will know this.

Not sure if you selcted Items are compatible, I will check, if no-one else replies in the meantime.

EDIT, Yes it looks like the funke dish is compatible with the Diseqc motor. However the LNB has the the wrong fitting, a 40mm neck one is needed.

Robbo

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Robbo71 said:
Not sure if you selcted Items are compatible, I will check, if no-one else replies in the meantime.

EDIT, Yes it looks like the funke dish is compatible with the Diseqc motor. However the LNB has the the wrong fitting, a 40mm neck one is needed.

Robbo

You right with the LNB I it should have been the INVACOM 0.3dB Single or Twin LNB and not the C120.

Which "36-V motor" Would you recomend?

Robbo71 you have been very helpful, A BIG THANK YOU.:-Cbigsmil

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
koy said:
Which "36-V motor" Would you recomend?

I will leave that to someone who uses one,as I don't have a clue :)

Edit:-

There is quite a lot of useful info on the satellitesuperstore.co.uk website if you can manage to navigate through it. It is not very well laid out.:)

Also had a quick search around the forum(s), the Jaeger 99G 36V motor, gets quite a few reccomendations, at about £80.

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Robbo71 said:
I will leave that to someone who uses one,as I don't have a clue :)

No problem and thanks again.

KOY.