What should i buy ?

ecotrojan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dell XPS Gen 5
:-hny to all.

I have a Sky Subscription for starters.
I would like to make my PC Pentium D 3.20 ghz with Radeon ATI1650 into a Vista MCE

I already have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II(26xxx) installed. <--- this may need changing - please advise.

I would like to plug my Sky Card into a cam (which cam module) and plug the Satellite cable into the PC to enable Sky directly through the PC. Therefore eradicating the Sky box out of the equation.

What hardware do i need. I dont mind changing the TV Card if needed.

Thx
Matt

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ecotrojan said:
:-hny to all.

I have a Sky Subscription for starters.
I would like to make my PC Pentium D 3.20 ghz with Radeon ATI1650 into a Vista MCE

I already have a Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II(26xxx) installed. <--- this may need changing - please advise.

I would like to plug my Sky Card into a cam (which cam module) and plug the Satellite cable into the PC to enable Sky directly through the PC. Therefore eradicating the Sky box out of the equation.

What hardware do i need. I dont mind changing the TV Card if needed.

Thx
Matt

Assuming that the present card is NOT DVB-S, then you need to replace it with a satellite card.
I use Hauppauge Nexus-S with a CI CAM accessory AT THE FRONT and it it excellent with a TV out socket. Price is rather high.
I am not sure about how to get a Sky Card working since it is NDS encrypted. But I remember reading a post here that it is possible with a certain CAM.
Please do a seach before you buy anything.