spike1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl world
xp
My Location
Skelton Saltburn-by-the-Sea Cleveland
Hi

I am wanting to change my single LNB on my Sky Dish , but I need to know what type / mark it is , I have added some photo's of it , and the dimensions are as follows :Oval Dish : width 550mm , height 450mm .

OD of spigot 26x12 mm it does not look very thick so I would presume that the internal dimensions would be around 24x10 .

Some info on the LNB are , Cambridge Industries , Universal AE 54 , NE0.7dB .

Anyone can help !! .

cheers

spike

Attachments

• 100_2137.jpg
    100_2137.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2139.JPG
    100_2139.JPG
    662.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_2138.JPG
    100_2138.JPG
    985.8 KB · Views: 63

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Any of the modern LNBs will have an adapter in the box with them. what you have on your dish is a 40mm clamp system and so many of what is currently on the market will fit straight on, but you will have to free off the small 6mm bolts first with some penetrating fluid.

spike1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl world
xp
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Any of the modern LNBs will have an adapter in the box with them. what you have on your dish is a 40mm clamp system and so many of what is currently on the market will fit straight on, but you will have to free off the small 6mm bolts first with some penetrating fluid.

Hi Channel Hopper

Thanks for that info , I had ordered a ZINWELL QUAD LNB, Legacy Adapter included , as per attachment , but looking at it , I don't know how the adapter will fit on , any Idea ! .

spike

Attachments

• ZINWELL QUAD LNB  Legacy Adapter included 2.JPG
    ZINWELL QUAD LNB Legacy Adapter included 2.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 45

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
You don't use the legacy adapter, nor the other one that's in the box. You use the lnb by itself, straight in the existing holder, though it may need a few turns of black tape so that it fits snug.

spike1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl world
xp
My Location
Thanks Robbo

Understand now , would you know if I can buy a new clamp to replace the one on the Arm , it is because the bolt on the clamp looks very rusty , and there is no gap to get a small axe blade in to cut the bolt , I am afraid I may break the clamp .

and do you know what MK my dish is ! .

spike

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Dish is too I old and cheap to get a spare holder for it. I don't know what mk it is, but it's before mark3, use wd40 as ch says, or drill the head off the bolts. I think it is a mk2 dish, as the mk3 Lnb holders had a legacy adaptable design that looked like it would fit into the end of that arm.

spike1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl world
xp
My Location
Thank you All For your Help , I will see what to do when the LNB arrives at my doorstop , I am a bit of a DIY freak so i will pro have a go at packing it or whatever it needs doing , I just like the challenge .

Could I ask another question , is there a Sticky somewhere on the site showing how to set up a LNB and or new Dish, eg Rotate , in and out etc ! , yes I know that sounds rude ha,ha .

thanks again everyone , great help , great site .

spike

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
With a new sky minidish its easy. There isn't any in/out adjustment, and as long as the spirit level it has on it says its level, just set the skew to 3.

Since you have a dish up already, alignment is easy too, just point it the same way as that, and tweak it for best signal.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Would it be a 3 skew in TS12 (Eurobird 1 especially)?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No idea ch. As I usually give it a twist and see what works best, never been to ts12 to find out.

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
It's the same dish that my mum had installed by sky in November 1999 with a Panasonic TU-DSB30 Digibox, so I would guess its an Mk1 dish as back then it was either this type or the other with the black covered Cambridge LNB. MIght be better just to replace the dish as well there quite cheap on eBAy and the newer dish is slightly bigger.

spike1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ntl world
xp
My Location
Hi ALL

I am sorry that I have not come back to you , I have been busy sorting my Car out ,(fitted new head gasket).
I managed to cut the clamp bolt off , then Just done what Robbo suggested , 2 turns of black tape and it fit fine , wired up and Picture perfect no need to change the Dish .

Thank you to everyone who helped me on this Post , I will post a Picture of it .

cheers

spike