What software for sky star2

R

Rd100

Just ordered a new sky star2 what is the best software to download to use with this card, Thanks Guys

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
DVBDream. Find an elecard video codec (for 4:2:2 feeds), and the cyberlink video codec, then download the "Complete Plugins", "Pr3mier & D+" and "TP5.bin" (daily) from DVBsoft.eu
That's my opinion anyway.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Update, the "TP5.BIN & TP5.AUC" file has the "Pr3m and D+" files included.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ProgDVB and DVBviewer are alteratives to DVBDream (which is my favourite).

URPradhan

Crazy Techie
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMD PC, Skystar2 2.6D, Inverto 0.2dB Single Universal Ku-Band LNB, NUCLEUS 100cm Solid Dish
My Location
Maharastra, Hindustan
Congratulation for your new Skystar2

With the original pack of SS2 you must have the CD, which has the driver for SS2 and the DVBViewer software to watch/listen Satellite TV & Radio.

With addition to that, you can try your flavour with most popular progDVB(FREE), MyTheatre, AltDVB, DVBDream,MythTV(Linux),etc ...

And put plugins in ur plugins directory and enjoy PAY channels with keys.
You can grab data using FileGrabber, SkyNet,SkyGrabber,etc .....

All the s/w you will get from www.skaystar.org, www.skystar-2.com, and lot more .....

BOL

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
Rd100 said:
Just ordered a new sky star2 what is the best software to download to use with this card, Thanks Guys
Use alt-dvb, keep your system clean from a lot of different and conflicting software and codecs is my advice to you mate.
You have the choice between different drivers from the technisat site: 4.3.2... 4.4.0... 4.4.1 beta (BDA)... i suggest you use 4.4.0, download them from technisat's site and nowhere else.
Progdvb is the most famous program, it's total crap but it's one of those things, you have to have used it once and then forget about it ;)
The skystar 2 comes bundled with a "light" version of DVBViewer , it's crap too. Not to be mistaken with DVBviewer PRO.
And there's technisat's SETUP4PC which has a filter inside that's needed by some applications, noticeably Progdvb. But you don't have to install it if your using dvbdream or alt-dvb.
Personnally i don't like dvbdream, the only feature it has that i find funny (and useful) is that it will say the colour sampling of a broadcast - it'll say if it's 4:2:0 or 4:2:2, but then again, there's other ways of finding that out.
I say try Alt-dvb 2.2 (not 2.1) and drivers 4.4.0.
Then you'll need a couple of nice codecs to go along too, but that'll depend on your HW setup.