what the best satellite finder applaince

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
what the best satellite finder applaince for finding Satellites.Also will they drive a diseqc motor on h-h mount.

Bas

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
thanks for reply,thats a lot of money (399).is there antthing cheaper.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Satlook NIT is CHEAP compared to the other manufacturers, just look at Promax and Unaohm, they are all priced almost 3 times the price of the Emitor model.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For a one of installation or only occasional use, the digisat pro by Emitor is a useful tool. With a motor like the Moteck, it has drive buttons on the motor body, so you don't need a meter with DiseqC functions.

expat paul

Reaction score
well, assuming you mean set up, and not tracking with a motorised mount, then i use the following it seems bizzare but hey, works every time it gets windy (i have a 1.9m "wind magnet"- you know what i mean!!) anyway, i just use a decoder, eg technosat 5500 and set it to signal strength meter and a portable tv and wiggle the dish until i get a good signal.

mkkid

Reaction score
My Location
Milton Keynes
Guys

so a digisat pro by Emitor will move my dishon a diseqc motor on h-h mount.I`m not sure if a can justify a the expense of Satlook NIT,Because i wouldn`t use it often enough.

bas

phillpayne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax 5400z patched to hot 11.1, v box mrk2, 1.1m triax dish, jeager 12" activator .6 lnb, modified pet123 settings
My Location
kent
hi mkkid,
why do you want to move the mount with the meter?, i use a 40£ satfinder kit out of wotsat, it has a analogue meter,(one wiv a clock and hand) bat pack fly lead and compass.
this works very well for setting up and checking later.
regards
phil