jonfr

Reaction score
Website
www.jonfr.com
My Satellite Setup
Clarke-Tech 3100 Plus. Dish 65 cm 1W.
My Location
Padborg, Denmark
I am moving back to Denmark in May. I plan to setup 3 or 4 satellite dishes. While I am not in the best location for getting signal from the satellites on the east part of the sky. I can get the west part of the sky clearly. The dish that I am going to use are not big. The largest one is going to be 65cm, the rest is going to be 40cm in size.

I know that I can use small mount for this type of dishes. But I am still wondering what type of mount I should buy. I also do not have any idea where to buy this type of mount in Denmark. It needs to hold all the 4 dishes. The balcony that I am going to have has windows in it, so it can be closed. But I do not think it is going be any problem for me.

Thanks for the help.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What are you gong to mount the dishes on? a wall, the floor....?

jonfr

Reaction score
Website
www.jonfr.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Padborg, Denmark
They are going on an wall. I am not sure where at this point. But I might be able to set them inside. I am not sure if I can place them outside as they have to be close enough for me to correctly align them to correct satellite.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It's going to be impossible to buy one mount to hold all four dishes and have them not blocking each other.
i think you are going to have to decide on the arrangement first, then use a few poles and clamps to knock something together.

jonfr

Reaction score
Website
www.jonfr.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Padborg, Denmark
If I can get long enough mount. This should not be an problem. The dish are only 40cm in size and the largest is 65 cm in size. I am not sure yet if I can use all four of them. It depends on what I can get at my new home.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Perhaps it would be a better idea to ditch all the dishes, and just get a T90 since its just for the western arc, and also, your dishes are small, so you would only pick up strong sats anyway. The T90 would perform much better than four tiddly dishes, take up less space, look better and be easier to mount.

jonfr

Reaction score
Website
www.jonfr.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Padborg, Denmark
Robbo said:
Perhaps it would be a better idea to ditch all the dishes, and just get a T90 since its just for the western arc, and also, your dishes are small, so you would only pick up strong sats anyway. The T90 would perform much better than four tiddly dishes, take up less space, look better and be easier to mount.

I had an many dish on one mount that I had specially built for me. The solution is to get high mount, so it provides enough space for all the dishes on it. I do not want to get T90. As I find it easier to control each dish if I want to change what satellite I am viewing.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, if you had plenty of room for a long pole, you could put as many dishes as you wanted on it,as long as you have enough spacing.

You can still choose different sats with the t90, by sliding the Lnbs around.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
In any case, for more common satellites T90 will perform better than 3-4 antennas where 65 cm is bigger one. Even more, with small antennas you will not get all transponders which you can get with T90. Agree with Robbo, when T90 is set-up, changing of satellite is easy as 1-2-3 just slide LNB on rail.