What will I need for my project?

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Firstly, a nice little picture, ASCII-stylee :)

----|
----|
----|-/ <-dish on wall
----|
----|
----
due south

My dish is a 1m Gibertini, prime focus on 28.2e for Sky. Location: Zurich

What I want to do is add a FTA/CAM system to my setup with offset focus to *somewhere* else. I don't really want to go motorised - and I am prepared to swap connections on a non-Sky box to get what I want (therefore using >1 LNB with the box, albeit in a clunky manner).

What do I want?
- Live football from the Premiership (the wife'll love Sky being freed-up)
- English/Italian channels
- including encrypted channels just as long as I don't have to have a post-paid sub

I don't want to pay the earth and see myself going towards 5/13/16e, if I can help it. Again, prime focus ought to be 28.2e because Sky is most important ;)

What advice can you offer me? Are you going to nudge me towards motorised? This is my new hobby so if the case is strong, I could be swayed ;)

I guess I need to know which receivers I should be looking at, whether I can do what I want to do and so on.

I should mention that I have a second dish, 53cm Arcon Sweety with singal LNB and stand too, should that be needed.

Ta :)

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Alrighty, I've been digging in the forums and I've found this for my Gilbertini dish....it does seem to be flexible in that I can have prime focus on 28.2e and have a monoblock on Astra 1/Hotbird (I assume I can achieve this as those birds should be stronger for me in Europe than Astra 2d?)

Gibertni3FACH.jpg

Would the monoblock (something like a Humax 6-deg LNB210) be able to do what I want it to do? My dish is easily accessible (on my balcony).

I also have found some cheap & cheerful receivers (Humax F2-Fox, F2-FTA, BOCA DSR 204 and Telestar Starsat 1) - am I going wrong with these?

Thanks....I am still ploughing though old threads :) ;)

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
The above receivers are ok if you are only interested in FTA broadcasts, if you intend to in the future pay for subscription channels or fit a CAM etc... I dont think these receivers will be capable of doing this.

Nis

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
It's FTA for now; I figured cheap & cheerful for a while and then look at something like a DreamBox :)

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Ah, if you want a good FTA i'd go for the F2-Fox. Humax's are generally easy to use and get updates. If the price is right.......go for it m8 ;)

Nis